Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Didn't think I'd ever post on here...

Been with my boyfriend for almost 9 months, probably the longest relationship I've had which has been continuous. I had a gap year last year and was constantly in and out of relationships because I guess I wanted to find the right person, and didn't mess around. Anyway, metmy boyfriend, literally started to love him as we started going out, he felt the same way and didn't hesitate to tell me. He was the perfect person for me and just an all round amazing boyfriend. He was respectful, kind, thoughtful, funny, everything that I wanted I guess. So it progressed, he used to pick me up once a week and I'd drive up to see him (about 40 miles distance each way) and then something happened with my parents not liking him and obviously it wasn't the best idea for him to pick me up. But even now he's met them and everything is fine, he didn't continue to do that. I just thought that was a thoughtful, kind gesture, which he didn't seem to want to do. I guess I might've seen the real person? He continually swares around me, in public...it's embarassing and I'm definetly not a prude I just don't like stuff like that. He's not courteous, he'll let me driveh ome at 2am when I have work at 8. He'll also arrange to go out with his mates on a day when we would go out, and then change his mind and expect me to drop everything. I guess I don't feel the same way, I mean I still love him, nothing could change that, but I feel like I'm being used in something so important as this type of relationship. I guess I just want an outside view?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.