Starting to get on my nerve: Flatmate watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, summary of this guy:

1) He does not like confrontation
    2) He loves to gossip, this includes face about other flatmates
    3) He swears alot
    4) He smiles alot but he pretending
    5) He's your friend when your there and when your not, he does foul gestures and face and remarks

6) He does not like talking on the phone to people
    7) He does not like people, yes everyone.

8) He does not doing any cleaning, only cleaning he does is washing his own cup before he uses it.

9) Hes at university but hes aiming only a pass
    10) Hes an alcoholic and eats lots of junk

Its come down that i may not be perfect but he's starting to ***** about everyone in the flat, i'm only neutral with him, neither friends or enemy yet. I felt a gut instinct, he's been talking about me behind my back, such things like that is going to tick me off.

What should i do??? Please need some advice on this, he's starting to get on my nerves now.

What should i do?

ReputationRep:
    Confront him with your boys.

ReputationRep:
    Are you a dietician?

ReputationRep:
    Ignore him and get on with it. Or move out.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh 9 & 10 have nothing to do with you, 6 made me laugh, 3 isn't his fault if you haven't said that it bothers you, 1 isn't a bad thing, 8 isn't unusual, and why should he have to clean up more than the mess he makes? 4 & 5 make you sound paranoid, 7 - how do you know? That just leaves 2, but I love to gossip as well.

So he sounds swell tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Just ignore him. You've only got a few months and then it's the end of the year and you can find someone else to live with next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)
    Tbh 9 & 10 have nothing to do with you, 6 made me laugh, 3 isn't his fault if you haven't said that it bothers you, 1 isn't a bad thing, 8 isn't unusual, and why should he have to clean up more than the mess he makes? 4 & 5 make you sound paranoid, 7 - how do you know? That just leaves 2, but I love to gossip as well.

So he sounds swell tbh.
    9 - He keeps calling me out everytime because hes always free, this disturbs my work

3 - I said to him it bothers me, he should stop swearing alot

10 and 8 - Junk food, he does not do any cleaning, e.g his own platers, cutlery and expect others to clean for him, he doesn't do anything cleaning chores, hence the garbage which everyone takes turn in taking it out and he has not done his.

4 and 5 - How do i know? I'm in the kitchen, he talks to this guy and once he leaves, he makes silly gesture mocking the guy. I've spent 4 months with him, he does it practically everyday when he's here.

7 - He told me himself, he does not like people, he says: "I don't think i'll keep in touch with my university friends or anyone in this flat" My response..Why? His: I just don't like people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxyamy)
    Just ignore him. You've only got a few months and then it's the end of the year and you can find someone else to live with next year.
    Yeah, thankfully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fourdigit)
    Yeah, thankfully
    If anything you should feel sorry for them - they will probably struggle to find someone to live with next year if they're really that bad!

ReputationRep:
    Just adopt my approach to cleanliness; if he persists to be unsanitary by leaving his dirty plates in the sink, if it passes the two day mark, throw them in the bin.

Suddenly they adopt a cleaner approach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fourdigit)
    Hi guys, summary of this guy:

1) He does not like confrontation Er... how is this a bad thing?
    2) He loves to gossip, this includes face about other flatmates Ignore it? Perhaps say to him that you'd rather not be included in those sorts of conversations.
    3) He swears alot If this offends you, ask him not to do so so much in front of you.
    4) He smiles alot but he pretending So?
    5) He's your friend when your there and when your not, he does foul gestures and face and remarks Be the bigger person. Ignore it and have as little to do with him as you can.

6) He does not like talking on the phone to people So? Why is this your problem? Lots of people aren't good with talking on the phone.
    7) He does not like people, yes everyone. Again, unless he's actually malicious towards you, it's not your problem.

8) He does not doing any cleaning, only cleaning he does is washing his own cup before he uses it. If it's his mess, mention it to him, perhaps with your other flatmates. If it's nothing to do with him, why should he clear it up?

9) Hes at university but hes aiming only a pass So what? His academic aims are not your business.
    10) Hes an alcoholic and eats lots of junk Again, his diet is NOT YOUR business.

Its come down that i may not be perfect but he's starting to ***** about everyone in the flat, i'm only neutral with him, neither friends or enemy yet. I felt a gut instinct, he's been talking about me behind my back, such things like that is going to tick me off.

What should i do??? Please need some advice on this, he's starting to get on my nerves now.

What should i do?

When I opened this thread, having had serious problem flatmates last year, I was all ready to be sympathetic. However, quite honestly he doesn't sound like much of a problem to me. Yes, the *****ing is not nice, but just be the bigger person and ignore it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxyamy)
    If anything you should feel sorry for them - they will probably struggle to find someone to live with next year if they're really that bad!
    Funny thing is, he was living with his friends last year and they don't want him due to many concerns so he had to find his own place this year. So all his previous friends are in the same house, but he is not in it. He may struggle but no doubt, he can pull off an act.

[EDITED] Thanks people for the replies, i'm not going to debate on this any futher now, just needed some direction. I know that ignoring him, he will know i'm avoiding him eventually. But yeah, appreciate your time people

ReputationRep:
    May be you should be less concerned about his academic ambitions and more concerened about your grip on the English language and grammer,

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.