Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So! What did everyone think?

I do relationships/aggression/eating behaviour.. Was happy about the aggression and eating behaviour questions but wasn't too sure about relationships, it's by far my worst topic D: Was I right to talk about Trivers' Parental Investment Theory and Buss & Schmitt's Sexual Strategies Theory?!

I also disliked the fact each of my questions were 25mk essays instead of split questions :p: Ah well!

ReputationRep:
    I thought the questions were really good, I studied Biorhythms and Sleep, Relationships and Aggression.

The first question was split up a bit weird but for Relationships I spoke an awful lot about sex differences - nothing on parent-offspring conflict (don't need it) and didn't even mention Trivers because I don't think it's necessary to get the marks. There's so much stuff to write about for sex differences as it is, I think that was cool.

Institutional aggression I think again is a gooden, Importation vs Situation models pretty good q.

I think it went great overall Hope you've all done well!!

ReputationRep:
    Really struggled with the Relationships section. I waffled on about some studied I learnt about where they looked at teenage relationships and how the attachment they had with their parents affected it. I found the institutional aggression question a lot easier to say the least!

Who else found how they set out the Biorhythms and sleep section weird?

ReputationRep:
    Practically no-one seems to do my topics, but whatever

Gender - VERY confusing. The three approaches mentioned in the specification are biological, social, and cognitive, so when the question asked for biological and psychological, I was very confused. I guessed it meant cognitive and social, and thankfully I was right, but still :p:

Intelligence - I liked this question. I'd done a fair bit of revision on animal intelligence last night, which helped with studies and the like. It seemed difficult getting AID into this though

Cognition and Development - Nice starter question on Piaget, hopefully I picked up a good few marks here. I'm not sure about my application to education in part b though; I'm not sure if my comments would class as AO2/AO3. If they're not, I'm screwed...

My biggest problem in this test was time. I didn't get to finish part b on Gender, and I felt that I went into too much detail in some sections and not enough in others. I'm not expecting a terrible result, but not good enough for the A...
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I do relationships, bio rhythms and sleep and aggression. I thought they were all pretty much ok, but I'm sure the quotation in the question for relationships was more about sexual selection/human reproductive behaviour, than parental investment!?

ReputationRep:
    fraid not billet - it was parental investment..

even underneath it said about sex differences + parent-offspring conflict...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I did biological rhythms, relationships and aggression. I was happy with all of the questions. What a relief!

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify the relationships question was on parental investment right? I know parental investment is quite interchangeable with sexual selection but it asked for sex differences and specifically why women are resources orientated, men worried about infidelity which is not really sexual selection, more parental investment is this correct?
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Em92)
    fraid not billet - it was parental investment..

even underneath it said about sex differences + parent-offspring conflict...
    I did write about parental investment, I just thought the question was weird.

ReputationRep:
    I completely flopped it! I knew nothing about institutional aggression (our teacher is a joke tbh) so I just wrote about Zimbardo's prison study for about a page.

Managed 2 pages on parental investment and Trivers. Think I did ok on that.

Eating behaviour was ok, but I don't think there's even 25 marks worth in the spec to write about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by semolina pilchard)
    Just to clarify the relationships question was on parental investment right? I know parental investment is quite interchangeable with sexual selection but it asked for sex differences and specifically why women are resources orientated, men worried about infidelity which is not really sexual selection, more parental investment is this correct?
    yeah that's right but it does really overlap, as long as the main focus of your answer was on PI strategies and why they vary between the sexes, it's cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thompsonbassman)
    yeah that's right but it does really overlap, as long as the main focus of your answer was on PI strategies and why they vary between the sexes, it's cool.
    Thanks for clarifying. Yeah I was pretty extensive with the sex differences and included about 5 supportive studies and a further 5 synoptic points over about 4 pages, just didn't want it to be about the wrong thing:p:

ReputationRep:
    I was upset by the lack of shrew related questions, I think I may complain...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamstar)

Gender - VERY confusing. The three approaches mentioned in the specification are biological, social, and cognitive, so when the question asked for biological and psychological, I was very confused. I guessed it meant cognitive and social, and thankfully I was right, but still :p:

Intelligence - I liked this question. I'd done a fair bit of revision on animal intelligence last night, which helped with studies and the like. It seemed difficult getting AID into this though

Cognition and Development - Nice starter question on Piaget, hopefully I picked up a good few marks here. I'm not sure about my application to education in part b though; I'm not sure if my comments would class as AO2/AO3. If they're not, I'm screwed...

My biggest problem in this test was time. I didn't get to finish part b on Gender, and I felt that I went into too much detail in some sections and not enough in others. I'm not expecting a terrible result, but not good enough for the A...
    I do intelligence and the Cog+dev topics! (yeah no one seems to do those.. I also do sleep though)

I thought the questions we got for those topics were the best we could've got tbh, I was really happy. But my questions on sleep I think will have brought me down a lot :sigh:

Also I have a feeling i'm going to do poorly on essay structure and that's what I'll lose my marks on. But we can't say we didn't have good questions (unfortunately!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h0lly)
    I was upset by the lack of shrew related questions, I think I may complain...
    I, personally, was hoping for a question on the eating behaviour of caterpillars fed on plants grown in CO2.

But hey, that's just me!

ReputationRep:
    okay i am very confused! I also do AQA ...and have looked at the topics you guys have done and we are doing these at school..I havent done the Exam!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Lit2010)
    I, personally, was hoping for a question on the eating behaviour of caterpillars fed on plants grown in CO2.

But hey, that's just me!
    It's not just you

ReputationRep:
    Sleep and biological rhythms: That question was split up weird. I was really hoping we didn't get a question on sleep disorders, but I think the fact it was broken down went in my favour a bit better than if it were a whole 25 mark question.

Aggression: I would have prefered social/biological, but I'm just thankful we didn't get group displays of aggression. It was an alright question, I have no real complaints.

Eating Behaviour: I was really dreading getting a question on dieting, but I managed it no problem. Well, I had plenty to say and managed to get in lots of evaluative points.

I honestly don't know how well I've done; I think I've included substantial detail in my explanations and I've included lots of issues and debates and think I've explained them well. However, I feel as if I tend to do this in all my essays and I never seem to do as well as I hope, so I can't really reach a conclusion. I'm hoping for an A though, which may be a little steep, but hey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamstar)

I do Gender abd Cog Dev, and I thought the questions were pretty bad really. I was confused by the gender one too, and I wasn't sure why one was better than the other...
    But the Cog Dev one was alright, but I know what you mean about the AO2/AO3 thing, not sure my points were particularly strong on that:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hupper12345)
    okay i am very confused! I also do AQA ...and have looked at the topics you guys have done and we are doing these at school..I havent done the Exam!!
    AHHHH anyone?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.