Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hupper12345)
    AHHHH anyone?
    Does your school do January exams? Some don't.
    Either that, or you'll just do both exams in June- that's what we did last year.

ReputationRep:
    I did Sleep, Perception and Gender

What happens if i named a study but what they did was not what they did but it was still in that sleeping disorder area?
    it was only a small paragraph though :P:P

the nature nurture debate in perception was a good one for me cus we practiced this question in timed conditions twice and i did have a feeling it was gonna come up hehe

Gender was ok i guess, it was as confusing as you thought it was, maybe it was because the exam made you feel confused but when think of the way it was worded then you wouldn't have found it confusing it was only asking you whether biological explanations ie hormones etc were better than psycholigcal ie gender schema/consistency/ social etc etc. I mentioned studies such as david reimer, yalom et al young et al or whatever studies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lit2010)
    Does your school do January exams? Some don't.
    Either that, or you'll just do both exams in June- that's what we did last year.
    both exams? last year we did them in march. So they are in June now. ohhhhh gosh...was it hard doing both exams at once?? or are they on different days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hupper12345)
    both exams? last year we did them in march. So they are in June now. ohhhhh gosh...was it hard doing both exams at once?? or are they on different days?
    I also did both unit 1 and 2 in June (well, it was actually in May) and no, it wasn't particularly hard and they are on different days.

ReputationRep:
    I do eating, sleep and agression.

the eating behavious question annoyed me.
    the evaluation for that isnt really worth like 16 marks or however much.
    what did everyone else write for that one?

ReputationRep:
    I do gender, aggression and relationships. I think it was more the AO2 on the gender that got me, and i got bit carried away on AO1 and didn't leave myself much time!

Also I have realised I have forgotten to write the question number i attempted in that box on the front of the exam paper, and am really worried now!!!!! They will still mark my paper right?!

ReputationRep:
    Sleep - MMhm..didn't really like the question. Didn't know that much on causes of sleep disorders; only the sleep disorders themselves! So I made up medication.. I'm sure some medication somewhere has a side-effect of disrupting melatonin secretion? Haha.

Aggression - Awesome question think I did ok

Intelligence - Awesome question but I needed to end the essay and had only a few minutes so I had to think really quick ie. put down any crap. I had recently read about some gorilla called Koko who seemed to express emotion and had been taught sign language; I started going on about her and how that shows evolutionary that species close to us are like us and... wtf why did I talk about Koko? Ah well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amandaaa)
    I do eating, sleep and agression.

the eating behavious question annoyed me.
    the evaluation for that isnt really worth like 16 marks or however much.
    what did everyone else write for that one?
    I talked about determinism- how it is suggested that people don't have the free will to choose their food intake and stick to a diet
    Gender bias- for Herman and Mack's research, however, using a sample of women may be more representative of those who would diet. This raises psychology's rep as a science as it has identified a group to investigate which could provide the most information about dieting.
    Nature/Nurture- Homeostasis vs the want to be slim.
    Treatment aetiology fallacy- taking orlistats may treat symptoms (obesity) but not the psychological cause- CBT may be better- better treatment raises the rep of psychology as a science

There were some others as well, but I can't remember them off the top of my head :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hey could anybody tell me what the questions were for the aggression section of the exam, as i would find this incredibly useful for june revision. thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex4000)
    Hey could anybody tell me what the questions were for the aggression section of the exam, as i would find this incredibly useful for june revision. thanks!
    Discuss explanations of institutional aggression

ReputationRep:
    I did sleep, perception and intelligence.

I thought sleep wasn't too bad but i hated the way it was broken up, so my writing wasn't as flowy as i would have liked.

I was over the moon about the perception question and i think that went very well.

And intelligence i thought the question was okay, could have been a lot worse! I think i answered it well- just put a bit about conditioning, self recognition, machiavellian intelligence and social learning. Is that what everyone else seemed to do?

But i'm just so scared about results cos i worked so hard and i didn't think it went badly. :confused:

Hope everyone else was alright with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rgardiner8)
    I do gender, aggression and relationships. I think it was more the AO2 on the gender that got me, and i got bit carried away on AO1 and didn't leave myself much time!

Also I have realised I have forgotten to write the question number i attempted in that box on the front of the exam paper, and am really worried now!!!!! They will still mark my paper right?!
    I did this too - I'm sure it will be okay. And if not then I'm sure we have a case against them it's not like it's hard to tell what questions you're answering when you read them! :yep: I wouldn't worry.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by rgardiner8)

They will mark your paper. I think it would be pretty obvious what question you're answering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em92)
    fraid not billet - it was parental investment..

even underneath it said about sex differences + parent-offspring conflict...
    Oh God, now im worried. Definately waffled alot... :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lit2010)
    I talked about determinism- how it is suggested that people don't have the free will to choose their food intake and stick to a diet
    Gender bias- for Herman and Mack's research, however, using a sample of women may be more representative of those who would diet. This raises psychology's rep as a science as it has identified a group to investigate which could provide the most information about dieting.
    Nature/Nurture- Homeostasis vs the want to be slim.
    Treatment aetiology fallacy- taking orlistats may treat symptoms (obesity) but not the psychological cause- CBT may be better- better treatment raises the rep of psychology as a science

There were some others as well, but I can't remember them off the top of my head :rolleyes:
    seeeee, i did use all them things (except i forgot the set point theory of homeostasis, which im sooo annoyed about!!!)
    buttt, i think it was probably just me that didnt evaluate properly
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taperjeangirl!)

I do relationships/aggression/eating behaviour..
    I did those too!
    What result did you get? Were you happy with it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not particularly disappointed, but I'm not happy either. I got 73/100, (B), which is alright - I thought I'd do worse because I didn't really do well on the exam. I'll be resitting this in June.
    Overall, this result brings me down to one mark under an A. I'm really worried, I need an A overall so badly...

ReputationRep:
    93/100. Surprised, thought I ****** up. Altogether I think i'm at around 270/300 so it's going good!!

ReputationRep:
    I got 93/100

I revised my ARSE off for this exam so i'm so happy that it actually paid off - I was really worried my poor essay writing skills were going to bite me in the bum.

I'm so happy that I don't have to resit!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.