Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Feeling bitter about love watch

I seem to have a huge problem when it comes to relationships with other people, and it's starting to make me think: I'm probably not cut out for all this 'love' business that goes on with other people.

The idea of dedicating myself to one single person seems really scary, so guess that makes me abit of a commitment phobe. Odd, since I had wanted to find someone to share my life with. Instead I'm usually wondering if I'm with the right person before we've even gotten to know each other. People that joke about 'What's the rush? You sound as if you are trying to get married' seem to have a point...

So overall, that makes me rather pessimistic about the idea of love now. Somebody remind me why I'm wrong please?

You're not necessarily wrong. Not everyone is cut out for the whole marriage and nuclear family thing. Marriage and commitment scare me a little too. I just say have fun and if the "right" person comes along, they come along. You're young, you shouldnt be worrying about it.

I'm a bit like that too. But remember, most people do eventually find the right person for them and learn how to do the relationship stuff through instinct and experience. Just relax and enjoy your life, and go with the flow of things
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.