Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Sophisticated, just I had an exam this morning that I completely mucked up on, so am grabbing at any hope of getting in! But I suppose I've got to be realistic, if they reject me though I'm not going down without a fight! lol

xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested to find the answer to this question as well. The thing is, Exeter have also offered me a scholarship which requires AAA (the same as my offer). Does that mean if I got AAB at A-level then they'll still offer it to me? Or would they offer it to me if I got A*AB?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OL1V3R)
    I'm interested to find the answer to this question as well. The thing is, Exeter have also offered me a scholarship which requires AAA (the same as my offer). Does that mean if I got AAB at A-level then they'll still offer it to me? Or would they offer it to me if I got A*AB?
    They most probably wouldn't offer the scholarship to you if you missed the grade, no. If you got the same amount of UCAS points (A*AB) then there's a possibility they might still offer it.

ReputationRep:
    will it go against my appication at all if i contact the university asking if there is any chance of me being accepted having missed the offer by one grade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe_ex)
    will it go against my appication at all if i contact the university asking if there is any chance of me being accepted having missed the offer by one grade?
    They won't be able to tell you anything useful! They'll probably tell you exactly what I told you, and what myself, Angelil etc have said to countless other people in countless other threads in this section. It all depends on what other people achieve as well as yourself. Just wait until Results Day I would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophisticated)
    They won't be able to tell you anything useful! They'll probably tell you exactly what I told you, and what myself, Angelil etc have said to countless other people in countless other threads in this section. It all depends on what other people achieve as well as yourself. Just wait until Results Day I would.
    ok, thanks again for the advice, one more question, and its the last one i swear! if it comes to results day and the worst happens, ie. i miss my offer and dont get in, with nothing to lose, i shall probably ring them up to try to persuade them to change their mind. What should I say?

thanks again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe_ex)
    ok, thanks again for the advice, one more question, and its the last one i swear! if it comes to results day and the worst happens, ie. i miss my offer and dont get in, with nothing to lose, i shall probably ring them up to try to persuade them to change their mind. What should I say?

thanks again!
    I don't know. Either way, it wont make much difference. If you haven't got the grades, you haven't got the grades. Just pray that you've got a superb Personal Statement, as thats probably the only thing that will swing it for you if your grades arent good enough.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. Either way, it wont make much difference. If you haven't got the grades, you haven't got the grades. Just pray that you've got a superb Personal Statement, as thats probably the only thing that will swing it for you if your grades arent good enough.
    Dear lord I hope this is true, I think I missed my offer by a grade...

ReputationRep:
    I'm really worried I have got AAB instead of the required AAA. However i think there is a likely chance I have got A*AB and possibly even A*A*B. Would they let me in with those grades even though they aren't AAA? It is the marketing and management course.

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxHarrietxx24)
    I'm really worried I have got AAB instead of the required AAA. However i think there is a likely chance I have got A*AB and possibly even A*A*B. Would they let me in with those grades even though they aren't AAA? It is the marketing and management course.

x
    I emailed them;

Thank you for your e-mail.

With regard to your enquiry, if you are not able to satisfy the terms exactly, we will reconsider, where possible, our offer in August in the light of your actual performance and the performance of others seeking entry to the same programme. Please be advised however that we cannot make any guarantees at this stage.
    I think if you had A*AB you'd have some leverage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    I emailed them;

I think if you had A*AB you'd have some leverage.
    Which is exactly what we've been saying on here, no? Hopefully other people will read this and stop asking the same question over and over. If you've missed your grades by 2 marks or 200, it makes no odds, you will just be reconsidered along with everyone else come results day.

ReputationRep:
    excause me - people were only asking a question. If you don't like it/are fed up with it then don't read it!

ReputationRep:
    excause me - people were only asking a question. If you don't like it/are fed up with it then don't read it!
    Two words;

Search. Function.

ReputationRep:
    Or people could just choose to ask. If it bothers you that much then you spend too much time on here.

ReputationRep:
    Or people could just choose to ask. If it bothers you that much then you spend too much time on here.
    Because I'm one of the people who's given the same answer nearly 100 times and its wearing a little thin. Other people can use the search function so it obviously works...would you enjoy repeating yourself? The reason I get annoyed is NOT because I spend too much time on here but because I have better things to do than write back to the same question over and over. On the other hand I want to help so meh I guess thats why I do it. It would just be nice if people searched before posting because more often than not, the search function will tell you what you want to know.

ReputationRep:
    Well either don't reply, or reply and don't moan. Can't believe you work yourself into such a state because someone has asked the same question. It is laughable.

ReputationRep:
    Ok so reading this i dont think im gonna get in having finished my last exam yesterday and none seemed to go well. Am I right in thinking Philoshophy and Political Economy is competitive.The points thing gave me hope though with 4 A2s and 1 AS I could probably make the 340 equivalent oout of that even if I did really badly on some....I hope! Opinions plz

ReputationRep:
    Because I'm one of the people who's given the same answer nearly 100 times and its wearing a little thin. Other people can use the search function so it obviously works...would you enjoy repeating yourself? The reason I get annoyed is NOT because I spend too much time on here but because I have better things to do than write back to the same question over and over. On the other hand I want to help so meh I guess thats why I do it. It would just be nice if people searched before posting because more often than not, the search function will tell you what you want to know.
    Surely there is no prerequisite for you to actually answer every question in this particular thread. At the end of the day, you choose to answer - if it annoys you that much, don't bother at all?

Also, threads found in the search function can often contain outdated information, and perhaps information that isn't necessarily applicable to ones individual enquiry.

If it really annoys you, just dissociate yourself with this thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haaaza23)
    Surely there is no prerequisite for you to actually answer every question in this particular thread. At the end of the day, you choose to answer - if it annoys you that much, don't bother at all?

Also, threads found in the search function can often contain outdated information, and perhaps information that isn't necessarily applicable to ones individual enquiry.

If it really annoys you, just dissociate yourself with this thread?
    :facepalm:

I wasn't referring to every single question in this forum. I was referring to the "oh no I've mucked up an exam and think I've missed a grade in my offer....will I still get in?" questions, to which the answer is always inevitably the same. I've already given one answer to the OP, and my answer to anyone else in this thread who is wondering if they will get in if they've missed grades will be exactly the same (see above, if you want to see the answer). Also notice that I'm pretty much the only one who continues to answer those questions, in this thread anyway...if I didn't then who else would? It just goes to show that the question is asked too often when the information can already be found by searching, hence other users have stopped bothering. Obviously I should too, given the ungratefulness of people on here... I have already answered so many of the same question, if you look through my post history. Given that, I don't think I can really be blamed for being a little irked. Next time I shall just keep quiet instead of answering the question or pointing the individual in the right direction of finding an answer without me having to repeat myself alllll over again i.e. the search function.

ReputationRep:
    Well either don't reply, or reply and don't moan. Can't believe you work yourself into such a state because someone has asked the same question. It is laughable.
    I'm not in a state love. :facepalm:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 27, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Exeter Guide

Accommodation profiles:

Fresh Student Living

Fresh Student Living

Fresh provide student accommodation across the country in a number of locations.

Quick Link:

Unanswered University of Exeter Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.