Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should I stay the night??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Before you say it, I know I'm a grown-up and should be able to make my own decisions, but hey, TSR just gives out such great advice :rolleyes:

I've been sort-of seeing this guy since just before Christmas, but it's long distance, so we've only met up twice. Tomorrow, I'm going to go see him in his town, which is an hour away by train, and the last train's at 11. He said 'my housemate is away, so there's plenty of room if you want to stay, but it's up to you'.

Shall I stay? It would certainly make things easier in terms of travelling, but I don't want to give off the impression I'm easy. I'm not especially prudish and the last few relationships have all been flings where stuff got 'physical' (cringe at terminology) fairly quick, but I knew they were flings so that was essentially the point. All the serious relationships I've ever been in have been short-distance, so we've seen each other a lot more frequently and haven't had the distance issue. I really like this guy, but don't want to rush things bearing in mind it's only the 2nd proper date and I dont want him to think that I'm approaching it as a fling.

I know if I stay then stuff doesn't *have* to happen, but come on :rolleyes:

Before people tell me I'm worrying too much, I'm not especially stressed about it! just wondering what others would do in the situation... so yeah, would you stay over?

ReputationRep:
    If you wouldn't mind sex, then stay. If you don't, then don't.

If you stay you're probably bound to do something :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I guess it would be fun if you did.. but it's not like you HAVE to do anything, if he's a decent guy he will accept your decisions.. like if he wants sex and you don't. He's invited you, I don't think he would assume your easy, I would just go and see how you get on, anything could happen.. He could just be wanting to spend a quiet night in watching movies or something I would definetly go if it was me!

ReputationRep:
    I see what you mean.

I guess it depends on how you want to play it. If he is the nice guy he sounds like then it's not going to hurt if you don't.
    But at the same time I guess you don't want to give the impression that you're trying too hard to avoid it.

Personally, as a guy, I wouldn't think less of you either way.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    I'd ask if there's a spare room you can stay in :mmm:
    But it does sound a bit scary sleeping over at someone else's (who you've not met in person much), make sure you tell a friend and text them a few times that night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scribble_girl)
    Hey guys,

Before you say it, I know I'm a grown-up and should be able to make my own decisions, but hey, TSR just gives out such great advice :rolleyes:

I've been sort-of seeing this guy since just before Christmas, but it's long distance, so we've only met up twice. Tomorrow, I'm going to go see him in his town, which is an hour away by train, and the last train's at 11. He said 'my housemate is away, so there's plenty of room if you want to stay, but it's up to you'.

Shall I stay? It would certainly make things easier in terms of travelling, but I don't want to give off the impression I'm easy. I'm not especially prudish and the last few relationships have all been flings where stuff got 'physical' (cringe at terminology) fairly quick, but I knew they were flings so that was essentially the point. All the serious relationships I've ever been in have been short-distance, so we've seen each other a lot more frequently and haven't had the distance issue. I really like this guy, but don't want to rush things bearing in mind it's only the 2nd proper date and I dont want him to think that I'm approaching it as a fling.

Before people tell me I'm worrying too much, I'm not especially stressed about it! just wondering what others would do in the situation... so yeah, would you stay over?
    I find it more funny that you feel like you wouldn't be able to control yourself?

If you feel like you couldn't stay one night without doing something then you got issues
    Also if this is the case and you dont want to rush things, then dont stay over

ReputationRep:
    You could do as much as you wanted but still not have sex.. His flatmate is away, you could sleep in his bed rather than with this guy you're seeing.. Even if you don't want sex you need to make some progress with him to show there are signs of it actually going somewhere because you have to know an LDR is worth it and that you're interested, as they are very effort-consuming..

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you go round and see how it goes. If you feel like your going to end up being intimate and don't want to you can just leave. If you feel like you want to do it stay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scribble_girl)

Learn some self control woman lol!

ReputationRep:
    at the end of the day you're in a relationship with him. you should want to spend as much time together as possible, and if the thought of that makes you uncomfortable then you shouldnt be with him

if your right for each other then you should be able to talk to him and tell him how you feel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodmen)
    Why don't you go round and see how it goes. If you feel like your going to end up being intimate and don't want to you can just leave. If you feel like you want to do it stay.
    Totally agree, i think this is probably the best course of action!

ReputationRep:
    If you've known him since before Christmas then I don't see why you can't sleep with him? I had sex with my boyfriend a week after we met and 2 yrs later we're still together! Seeing as it's a long distance relationship, I think having sex will actually make you closer as you don't see each other very much.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.