Help On Economics (quant) Coursework! Watch

alixxxxxx1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
hi everyone I have been given the following coursework which I thought would be easy but it is not!

Construct a worksheet model of national income containing, with appropriate numerical values for the parameters
a) a consumption function, C = a + b(Y-T)
b) an import demand function, M = k + mY
c) exogenous variables, representing investment, I, exports, X, government expenditure, G.
d) a tax revenue function, T = tY.
e) equilibrium condition for Y.
Illustrate the effects on national income of changes in the exogenous variables, and calculate and comment on the corresponding multipliers. Your worksheet should contain data for at least 20 values for each of the variables to produce graphs like that shown below and demonstrated in lecture 3.

I have started by simply writing a page on National Income and its determination. I presume I have to create an Excel spreadsheet to calculate NY but I have tried and it does not seem to be working.
Does anyone have any pointers for me on how to create the appropriate spreadsheet and just anything that will help me get it done.
Thanks!
alixxxxxx1
Rep:
?
oh and i don't know where the multipliers come in. Should i just define multiplier and put in the equation and then calculate it for all the values?
sil3nt_cha0s
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Never mind your coursework. Your profile picture - just WOW! :gah: :coma:
alixxxxxx1
Rep:
?
(Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
Never mind your coursework. Your profile picture - just WOW! :gah: :coma:
not helpful lol
sil3nt_cha0s
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by alixxxxxx1)
not helpful lol
I'm distracted :shy2:

Get someone else to help you
yoyo462001
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well this is fairly simple, its basically just making equations in Excel. I imagine they've either given you your parameters or your just making them up, these id imagine would just be your data. So youd have a column for each independent variable with values in them. Then go to another column a input a formula (im assuming youd know how to do that at least) which would work as your dependent variable. I am also assuming that you know how to input formulas into Excel?

Oh and Silent Chaos, i know how you feel man :fan:
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?