Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

when are the student finance applications open to reapply 2010/11?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I got an email from our student union saying applications are open. I'm in my first year and need to apply for my second year- but according to my account:

Students

You can apply for the following academic years:

* 2010/11 - this year of your course starts after 1st September 2010
    * 2009/10 – this year of your course starts after 1st September 2009 and before 1st September 2010

Make sure you click on the correct academic year. You can only apply for one academic year at a time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowwdaisy)
    I got an email from our student union saying applications are open. I'm in my first year and need to apply for my second year- but according to my account:

Students

You can apply for the following academic years:

* 2010/11 - this year of your course starts after 1st September 2010
    * 2009/10 – this year of your course starts after 1st September 2009 and before 1st September 2010

Make sure you click on the correct academic year. You can only apply for one academic year at a time.
    You'd apply for 2010/2011.

ReputationRep:
    You can do it now.

Scroll down the page to where your application originally said it is finalised. The application only takes a little while.

ReputationRep:
    I did mine yesterday in less than 5 minutes, now it's all sorted & I'm happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    You'd apply for 2010/2011.
    but my course doesn't start in 2010- it started last year in 2009.

when I try filling out the application it keeps coming up with questions that I don't fit into- like when it asked, 'have you been in higher education'- well yes- I am in higher education now....???
    (when I tried saying I hadn't there was another dead end)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Harlequinn Mask)
    You can do it now.

Scroll down the page to where your application originally said it is finalised. The application only takes a little while.
    I logged into my account- the only option is where it says 'academic year 2010/11-

I've got as far as saying that I applied for student loan before.
    It then asks who I applied to (my local authority) and for which period it was for. But it won't let me say 10/2009- 06-2010 which is my first year at uni. When I put the dates in- it says in red letters:
    Please Provide Details of Support you have received

There is a box underneath asking for this (ie if there was any period for which I didn't get a loan)- I tried putting 'continuously' in but it still asks the same thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowwdaisy)
    but my course doesn't start in 2010- it started last year in 2009.

when I try filling out the application it keeps coming up with questions that I don't fit into- like when it asked, 'have you been in higher education'- well yes- I am in higher education now....???
    (when I tried saying I hadn't there was another dead end)
    Even though your course started 2009 you need to apply for 2010/11 academic year (i.e. year 2 of your course)

It sounds like you have messed up and are trying to apply as a new student again and that is why you are getting questions that are not applicable to you.

ReputationRep:
    You are a continuing student for funding purposes. So the answer to the question is NO about previous funding. Unless you did a course previously. As a continuing student the answer is NO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnboy024)
    You are a continuing student for funding purposes. So the answer to the question is NO about previous funding. Unless you did a course previously. As a continuing student the answer is NO
    :yep:

OP there will be a section where you state what year of your degree that you're applying for if I remember correctly. I selected year one and obviously you'd select year two.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know how much the tuition fees are for 2010/2011?

ReputationRep:
    £3290 max.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    £3290 max.
    Thankyou

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.