Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

None of the teachers at my school have predicted A*s this year because apparently they dont know what percentage an A* actually is in terms of marks...

Do you think me not having A* predictions will disadvantage my application to LSE?

ReputationRep:
    No. The LSE have said they're not using the A* yet. Besides, teachers shouldn't be predicting A* grades anyway (although some still do).

ReputationRep:
    no, but maybe have this mentioned in your reference if your that bothered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliver5084)
    Hey,

None of the teachers at my school have predicted A*s this year because apparently they dont know what percentage an A* actually is in terms of marks...

Do you think me not having A* predictions will disadvantage my application to LSE?
    A* is just 80% overall and 90% in the second year. If a teacher thinks you are capable of that then they should predict you A*. simple as that really.

And it could do, i know a lot of unis are giving out offers involving A*s so a lot are using them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)
    why not?
    Apparently it's unfair, since the A* hasn't been tested yet, because some teachers will just predict all their As as A* instead, whereas others won't.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I would say it helps to get A* prediction but with A prediction I think you'll be okay. I doubt it'll make or break your application especially if your school simply doesn't predict them no matter what.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 30, 2010
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.