Turn on thread page Beta

Xbox 360 Red lights problem AGAIN watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So i got the classic 3 flasshing red lights again, second time in 3 years this has happened to me lol

Last time it was still under Warranty, but i doubt its the case this time...any idea how much Microsoft will charge to fix it?

Anybody know of any genuine or cheaper guides or alternatives on the internet that i could try?

ReputationRep:
    I think they charge £90 for a repair.

Honestly, I don't think there are any legitimate fixes for the problem; you may just have to bite the bullet and pay for the repair.

Although, you could try the whole 'wrap your Xbox in a towel' trick, but it's unlikely to work for more than a couple of hours or days.

It's a pity that the Xbox breaks down so often, it's such a great console.

ReputationRep:
    Best solution is to put it on ebay as faulty and get a new arcade whilst keeping your HDD, controllers etc. If you sell the RROD'd one for £20 then a new arcade will be like £80, cheaper than the repair and you'll probably get the new chipset which is less likely to fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lust of a Gardener)
    I think they charge £90 for a repair.

Honestly, I don't think there are any legitimate fixes for the problem; you may just have to bite the bullet and pay for the repair.

Although, you could try the whole 'wrap your Xbox in a towel' trick, but it's unlikely to work for more than a couple of hours or days.

It's a pity that the Xbox breaks down so often, it's such a great console.
    I did that, lasted 2 weeks, i barely played on it. My PS3 has all the attention now.

But yeah, its £90 or £80 for a repair, im just going to end up buying a new one, which should be more stable and mine doesn't have an HDMI port.

You can get an arcade for not much more then £100, just move the HDD over.

ReputationRep:
    This is why i bought the ps3. Its less likely to break.

ReputationRep:
    Do you doubt it's still under warranty because you don't remember when you bought it or because you don't know that Xbox 360s have a 3 year warranty? (it's actually 1 year with it being 3 years for the E74 error and RROD, but you can just say you got the RROD).

May as well buy a new one. More reliable and can come with games and more free equipment.

ReputationRep:
    You can check on the xbox website to see if its still udner warrenty or not.

ReputationRep:
    It seems to be working right now?

So im guessing it could be some sort of over heating problem?

Edit

Ignore that it just froze again lol

I will ring them up to see if its still under warranty or not, if not then i might consider the buying a arcade option and keeping my hard drive

ReputationRep:
    My ps3 did break, yellow lights of death
    saved up for 4 months and got a slim!

ReputationRep:
    ps3

ReputationRep:
    Awww you poor thing, what will you do :P
    ps3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadiechantel)
    Awww you poor thing, what will you do :P
    ps3?
    Dont have a ps3

ReputationRep:
    I swear repairs were free?

When I first got the red lights they charged me and then the second time around they did it for free and gave me a free game lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MNBStyle)
    Dont have a ps3
    commit suicide?

*Please dont :rolleyes:*

ReputationRep:
    PS3 boooi u made a grave error in buying microsoft's **** heap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadiechantel)
    commit suicide?

*Please dont :rolleyes:*
    lol thats abit xtreme

just have to go back to seeing if SKY has anything decent on lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to learn how to fix the rrod and charge people very cheap. I'll holla at you guys in a few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    lol thats abit xtreme

just have to go back to seeing if SKY has anything decent on lol
    Trust me theres nothing on, currently watching last nights skins on anytime tv Tv is always boring...

ReputationRep:
    I'm on my 5th 360 now because of red rings. It gives it character.

ReputationRep:
    So i got the classic 3 flasshing red lights again, second time in 3 years this has happened to me lol

Last time it was still under Warranty, but i doubt its the case this time...any idea how much Microsoft will charge to fix it?

Anybody know of any genuine or cheaper guides or alternatives on the internet that i could try?
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=484726

This might help! Hopefully!

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.