Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As in fashion suits - grey slim fit type jobs. Do you think they make you look like you're making an effort or like you're a pretentious prick? Also if you do like them, what should they be worn with? Dark shirt? Tie? Skinny tie?

ReputationRep:
    if you go to a normal nightclub wearing one, i.e. embrace, plug etc, you'd look a bit stupid tbf

ReputationRep:
    Agreed with bigman_ben, but you might just get away with a tie + shirt and trousers
    Actually, probably not.

ReputationRep:
    All for it. Shirt-wise you can get away with anything really.

As for ties, I can wear a narrow tie, but skinny ties just look a bit bent, innit.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, it's too smart, plus you'd get way, way too hot. T-shirt, Jeans and Loafers are the way forward

ReputationRep:
    Yeah don't really think they'd suit your bog standard bar or club, would have to be somewhere very upmarket!

ReputationRep:
    going to a club nooo
    going to a bar especially if its a nice one then suit up

ReputationRep:
    If you are a kid, no.

If you are a man, yes.

If you are a man you shouldn't be in the sort of venue it wouldn't suit.

ReputationRep:
    I'd think you looked like a bit of a **** tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Suits are cool, go for it.

ReputationRep:
    You have to have the right build to pull it off.

ReputationRep:
    Although people might just think your a bouncer or manager:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    As in fashion suits - grey slim fit type jobs. Do you think they make you look like you're making an effort or like you're a pretentious prick? Also if you do like them, what should they be worn with? Dark shirt? Tie? Skinny tie?
    Depends on the bar or club.

If it's some random craphole then no. If it's nice then yes.

ReputationRep:
    If the venue is nice, by all means go with a suit (the tie remains optional, but I would lean towards a darker, skinny tie).

ReputationRep:
    It depends, If you've come from a swanky 21st/stag/hen party and there is a big group; it's fine.

ReputationRep:
    If it's a nice bar, yes.

Club, no.

ReputationRep:
    Suit up!

ReputationRep:
    Not in the sort of clubs I go to. Shirt maximum. But if I was going to an upscale club then maybe.

ReputationRep:
    You could probably get away with it in a swanky bar/restaurant or something but I reckon you'd stick out a bit in your average club. Plus you'd probably get waayyyyy too hot.. Whatever floats your boat though, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    if you think your gonna be standing in a club with a bottle of champers(champagne) and you think you can pull girls and you got money then yes . Else if you fail any 1 then no.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.