Turn on thread page Beta

In Love With My Halls Neighbour (uni) watch

I'm crazy about him, we spend so much time together, have slept in the same bed a couple of times, are quite touchy-feely and he really pays attention to me, he knows what I look like when I'm annoyed, he knows me so well but....

We're living together next year with some other friends IN THE SAME HOUSE. But I can't help the way I feel. I get jealous when he talks to other girls and he came back the other night depressed and upset because he's crazy about some girl and she sort of rejected him. I don't know if I could handle seeing him with another girl and get this sick feeling in my stomach. And I'm jealous and upset because I want him but I don't wanna ruin our friendship or make things awkward because we're living together next year. And because of that girl, I'm not sure he does actually like me now....

ReputationRep:
    oh no, very difficult situation...but i think u've only really got one option...

ReputationRep:
    It seems like he's quite attracted to you. You should atleast try and explain your feelings to him now. Once you start living in the same house as him, it will be much harder to control your feelings. If he is your friend and he does feel the same way about you, he won't react badly. Honestly, talk to him !!

(Original post by anon1212)
    oh no, very difficult situation...but i think u've only really got one option...
    What's that? I want to go for it, but there are other guys that I fancy in my hall and I don't think it'd be fair to go for him if I fancy other guys. But I just think they're attractive, with him next to me I PHYSICALLY react to him-my stomach goes crazy and er....other stuff that I won't go into! Lets just say if I was a guy I may have gotten a boner a few times.
    Plus a couple of our friends think that we like each other....but then he just mentioned her....

(Original post by vandiola)
    It seems like he's quite attracted to you. You should atleast try and explain your feelings to him now. Once you start living in the same house as him, it will be much harder to control your feelings. If he is your friend and he does feel the same way about you, he won't react badly. Honestly, talk to him !!
    I really don't wanna ruin the friendship by going for it. And it'd mess up our friends' social group too if we became a couple. I'm worried that if he doesn't feel the same way he'll feel guilty like he's leading me on if he sleeps in my bed, visits me in my room or hangs out with me one-on-one. But he does things for me that others wouldn't do and will often go out of his way to help me..........

ReputationRep:
    Drill a whole through the wall so you can spy on him.

I(a guy)had the same problem with a halls neighbour(a girl) that you're having before xmas. I thought she liked me, but like you say, you worry about how it will affect your friendship with the rest of your neighbours, possible awkwardness if they don't like you that way etc. I drove myself mad for a couple of months with it. I told her on new year's, and it turns out she did like me, and we've been seeing each other for the past few weeks! We haven't been making it too public just yet: we've only told a couple of our neighbours, but we spend tons of time together, and the switch from mates to something more has went really well. You should go for it: you're just gonna torture yourself if you don't, and wonder if it could have worked. It sounds like you really like him, and I'm guessing by what you're saying he likes you too.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no friendzoned! He thinks of you like a sister.

ReputationRep:
    Get on that :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I had exactly the same scenario with my best friend from halls. We had already signed contracts to live together with other friends, had slept innocently in the same bed etc, but I was never sure if she liked me due to one reason and tried moving on to other girls, but she was always on my mind. We always spent time together and were very 'touchy' etc just like you two. Me trying to go with other girls confused her, and she herself wasn't sure what I thought, but somehow we got together in the end and had an amazing time living with each other the next year, and we've been happily together for well over a year. If you don't find out, you might regret it...I so nearly did

ReputationRep:
    I'm going out with the boy in the room next to me and have been since the start of October.... so far it's working out pretty well, I adore him and I love the fact that we see each other all the time, BUT both of us are quite big on "alone time" too and I make an effort not to spend all my time with him- if you do go for this be very careful that you don't isolate your other friends as it can be very easy!

ReputationRep:
    Obvious answers to these sorts of situations...these threads....:rofl:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.