UGeNe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Elipsis)
It's an interview not a trial you know.
It's a pre-trial interview.

They want him to stick to a story, so they could poke holes in it later on.
Lust of a Gardener
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
He's a charming man.

Notice how he almost laughs for the majority of the questions.

I think he may be insane.
right_good_boodjie
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
He is indeed slimy. Most likely will get off with it.
Jeremy_Whiskers
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by UGeNe)
It's a pre-trial interview.

They want him to stick to a story, so they could poke holes in it later on.
Not really, the panel (of which were handpicked by Brown) does not include a single lawyer or judge, thereby lacking expertise to give a verdict on the legality of the war. Also Chilcot himself established the role of the inquiry was simply for 'lessons to be learned', nevermind about the fact they aren't disclosing alot of the vital documents at hand, because the cabinet office is blocking them from such under the ostensible pretense that they would 'damage UK-US relations'.
UGeNe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Jeremy_Whiskers)
Not really, the panel (of which were handpicked by Brown) does not include a single lawyer or judge, thereby lacking expertise to give a verdict on the legality of the war. Also Chilcot himself established the role of the inquiry was simply for 'lessons to be learned', nevermind about the fact they aren't disclosing alot of the vital documents at hand, because the cabinet office is blocking them from such under the ostensible pretense that they would 'damage UK-US relations'.
It's a democracy. The populace elected the people in power. (I couldn't say that with a straight face!) :yep:
thunder_chunky
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
He could fall into a tub of **** and come out smelling of roses because he talked his way out.

Partly because he was a trained lawyer, and also because he's a slippery ****.

No flies on him, he'll always find some way to wriggle his way out. Maybe because he has no spine.
NW86
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
He's one of the most dangeous types of people, one who truly believes he was right.
MazalTov89
Badges: 9
Report 8 years ago
If only...

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/t...ir/4od#2923124
geetar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I missed it (it's my birthday).

But yes, what a slimy ****.
Student2806
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
His BS makes me physically sick. He claimed we were helping to overthrow an oppressive dictatorship that didn't give a **** about the people it was supposed to be serving, but in doing so he showed that he didn't give a **** about the people he was supposed to be serving, ignoring the will of the British people because he "thought it was right", despite tens of millions of people and most of the UN disagreeing.

The egotistical **** should be hanged just like Saddam was.
Lefty Leo
Badges: 10
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Student2806)
His BS makes me physically sick. He claimed we were helping to overthrow an oppressive dictatorship that didn't give a **** about the people it was supposed to be serving, but in doing so he showed that he didn't give a **** about the people he was supposed to be serving, ignoring the will of the British people because he "thought it was right", despite tens of millions of people and most of the UN disagreeing.

The egotistical **** should be hanged just like Saddam was.
He made an unpopular decision for economic and political reasons, not humanitarian ones.

However, this decision has even by today helped Iraqis and will a generation down the line make them thankful.

I think Iraq was the right war for the wrong reasons.

However, just so you know, i do hate Blair, for various other reasons, so i do agree that he's an undemocratic self serving prick :king1:
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lefty Leo)
However, this decision has even by today helped Iraqis and will a generation down the line make them thankful.
Yeah, everyone loves a lower standard of living.
Lefty Leo
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Quady)
Yeah, everyone loves a lower standard of living.
Are you suggesting that economically liberalized, nonsanctioned Iraq producing oil at full capacity and having a massive surplus is a worse economic condition than Saddam's mess?
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lefty Leo)
Are you suggesting that economically liberalized, nonsanctioned Iraq producing oil at full capacity and having a massive surplus is a worse economic condition than Saddam's mess?
Only if you're suggesting Iraq is economically liberalized, nonsanctioned, producing oil at full capacity and having a massive surplus.

I was thinking more of today than 30 years away since thats impossible to predict. The British left Iraq in 1932, 26 years later there was a military coup. Why should 30 years away be rosy? Just because its far away...?
A Cat
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
psychopath with no remorse for the people he killed. He should be raped in the butt by the ghost of Saddam.
riz1234
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by thunder_chunky)
He could fall into a tub of **** and come out smelling of roses because he talked his way out.

Partly because he was a trained lawyer, and also because he's a slippery ****.

No flies on him, he'll always find some way to wriggle his way out. Maybe because he has no spine.
:yep: hes well clever and so confident - shines through in his body language. apparently he took lessons and spent lots of money in learning to do the right facial impressions and hand movements in different situations. that way hes able to suck up more and get away with things.
jacketpotato
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Very impressive performance. He was pretty clear about everything. Definitely worth watching.
Lefty Leo
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Quady)
Only if you're suggesting Iraq is economically liberalized, nonsanctioned, producing oil at full capacity and having a massive surplus.

I was thinking more of today than 30 years away since thats impossible to predict. The British left Iraq in 1932, 26 years later there was a military coup. Why should 30 years away be rosy? Just because its far away...?
Iraqis TODAY enjoy a much better standard of life than they did under saddam.

And no, those were the days of Western imperialism and postimperialism. Times are very different now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1375)
79.53%
Leave (354)
20.47%

Watched Threads