Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sing-For-Absolution's Diet/Fitness Blog Watch

ReputationRep:
    actually up there ^ was yesterday, only I posted it after midnight so it's coming up as today

today -
    breakfast - porridge made with oats and water, with a bit of brown sugar sprinkled on top, green tea(first time i've tried it and it's really good!)
    snack - apple
    lunch - pasta and left over sauce from yesterday, pear
    snack - rice cakes with peanut butter (technically I've made peanut butter healthy right?)
    for dinner I'm going to have - baked salmon with homemade potato wedges, mushrooms and peas

only excercise today was walking to/from lectures, but I might do some press up kinda things later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    Are you feeling hungry at all? You're definitely not eating enough!

I have a motto, I eat when i'm hungry and when i'm hungry I stop!

And 35mins cardio is all i manage at the gym too! don't push yourself out of what you can do, it's a gradual process
    Yeah - I'm eating more snacks and stuff normally, coz in reality I couldn't keep up with that little food!

Do you just eat like normal foods/what you used to eat in smaller amounts then, or did you change your diet?

Haha, yeah, I figure if I do too much it'll subconciously put me off the gym and I wont want to go back :o:

ReputationRep:
    Today I ate everything, so I'm not even going to post, I'm too depressed with myself! Gahhh, and I missed my wednesday gym visit.....

ReputationRep:
    :naughty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sing-For-Absolution)
    Today I ate everything, so I'm not even going to post, I'm too depressed with myself! Gahhh, and I missed my wednesday gym visit.....

How long do you think you can stick to this? Everyone has a bad day, but so early on in your diet?

ReputationRep:
    lol your diet sounds a bit poor imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    lol your diet sounds a bit poor imo
    what would you suggest?

Also - I nearly choked to death from laughing at the video in your sig while I was drinking some water, uh, safety hazard!

ReputationRep:
    Just sounds like you're not having much leafy green veges or protein.

Up these up.

Also sounds like you are having a ton of carbs.

ReputationRep:
    All seems too much hassle for my liking. I dont really understand why people go to so much hassle when talking about what they eat. I used to have numerous problems with my weight.. The biggest problem was how depressed I felt when I was dieting, but now I just take alli weight loss , http://www.alliweightloss.co.uk and I dont really watch what I eat but dont put on any weight.

what would you suggest?

Also - I nearly choked to death from laughing at the video in your sig while I was drinking some water, uh, safety hazard!
    Do you still need the food/nutrition suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winner12345)
    All seems too much hassle for my liking. I dont really understand why people go to so much hassle when talking about what they eat. I used to have numerous problems with my weight.. The biggest problem was how depressed I felt when I was dieting, but now I just take alli weight loss , http://www.alliweightloss.co.uk and I dont really watch what I eat but dont put on any weight.
    Thanks, but I don't want to take any diet drugs

(Original post by sleekchic)
    Do you still need the food/nutrition suggestions?
    Yeah, would be great thanks

Thanks, but I don't want to take any diet drugs

Yeah, would be great thanks
    I eat something similar to this, but if anyone has any suggestions or improvements, then feel free to comment.

Breakfast - Museli/porridge with handful of berries or other fruit or wholemeal toast with scrambled egg/omelette with veg, poached/ boiled egg etc or peanut butter

Snack - Banana/ 2 small apples/half can of tuna on bagel with cucumber etc (I usually just have half a bagel) with fruit, avoid butter

Lunch - Soup ie pasta and bean soup, chicken soup something with beans/lentil/other protein/ or brown rice with chicken breast or sald with some form of protein ie eggs, tuna, lean turkey slices, chicken etc

Snack (only if hungry) - something similar to first snack ie fruit, tuna on bagel etc

Dinner - Potato, rice, pasta with chicken/salmon/turkey/oily fish ie sardines or mackerel and as much veg as possible.

I'm not sure if that helps at all, but look at the links below for more ideas.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1&postcount=20
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...91&postcount=4

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    :hi: The most important meal is breakfast, it really needs to fill you up and give you energy for the beginning of your day. Also, it sets the stage for your blood sugar level, meaning if you don't have any breakfast your bs level will be low throughout the day, you'll feel tired, and will respond by eating more snacks to try to get it up.

Don't trust these low calorie, sweet processed foods! They're sneaky and don't work! Like special K :rolleyes: - when I used to eat that I'd need two bowls to fill me up and would feel hungry soon after. Avoid refined sugars and try sweetening things like porridge and tea with honey - it's much better! :drool: Also, why not grow used to having fruit for desert? Food suggestions:

Breakfast options:
    - eggs, eggs and more eggs... especially if you only use one whole egg + 2 egg whites in a batter. They fill you up and have lots of protein

- porridge (which you're already doing)

- muesli in yoghurt (because it's more filling)

- fruit

Lunch or Dinner:
    When ever you can, try to replace a side of potatoes, pasta or bread with: lots of salad leaves, veg that you like, wild rice, any type of beans (protein + filling ), other proteins like tuna, meat etc.
    - Like someone said before, there is too much simple starch in your diet. Try to make it a rule not to use starchy foods as the main part of your meal to fill you up, like a big portion of pasta etc. Also, don't allow yourself to have a starch-based meal more than once a day... eg. if you have a sandwich at lunch, then dinner should be packed with protein and leafy vegetables.

Watch: http://www.diet.com/videos/play/why-...ight-this-year

That video is really helpful, but take a look through the rest of the videos and website, it's really good!

Two more things...
    1. buy a tape measure! Seriously, it's incredibly motivating to know what progress you've made, and if you don't have some way of measuring any changes, you'll look in the mirror and see no change as it's a gradual change that you can't always see, which will only demotivate you.
    2. From what you said in your first post, it sounds like you probably don't have much muscle mass which means you're probably not burning as many calories during cardio as you could be. Next time you're at the gym try doing some gentle weights, and make it a habit!

Best of luck, don't lose any motivation, just imagine the results you want and keep pushing! :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    (Original post by vanilla camel)
    Thanks guys! This is really helpful, I'll make sure to take it on board

ReputationRep:
    Today (with all the great advice to help me eat better )

Breakfast - bowl of porridge, made with water + sultanas, and green tea
    Lunch - light choices baked beans on 2 pieces of granary toast
    Dinner - cod fillet with frozen mixed vegetables, mushrooms and salad
    Other - tortilla with jam on it, cup of tea, teaspoon of my flatmates ben and jerrys
    and loads of water

ReputationRep:
    Keep it up

ReputationRep:
    Not to put peer pressure on you or anything, but me thinks SOMEONE hasn't been posting on their fitness blog. Tsk tsk :naughty:

ReputationRep:
    Not to put peer pressure on you or anything, but me thinks SOMEONE hasn't been posting on their fitness blog. Tsk tsk :naughty:
    Ahhh I know, I'm really bad! I'm starting again NOW! Had loaddds of work on recently so not been as good as I should have... I have been taking everyone's advice into account though, and like to think I've been healthier than before!!

Today -

Just got back from the gym, 20mins cross trainer, 3 X 10 reps on leg press, overhead pull-y thingy (no idea what it's called!) and 4 X 10 reps on the sit up machine bar thing (ditto), then 7 mins HIIT on the treadmill - running is what I'm worst at, so couldn't manage any more.

Breakfast - porridge + sultanas, green tea
    lunch - pasta + vegetable sauce
    snack - carrot sticks with a bit of hummus
    dinner - poached eggs, beans and mushrooms

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh I know, I'm really bad! I'm starting again NOW! Had loaddds of work on recently so not been as good as I should have... I have been taking everyone's advice into account though, and like to think I've been healthier than before!!

Today -

Just got back from the gym, 20mins cross trainer, 3 X 10 reps on leg press, overhead pull-y thingy (no idea what it's called!) and 4 X 10 reps on the sit up machine bar thing (ditto), then 7 mins HIIT on the treadmill - running is what I'm worst at, so couldn't manage any more.

Breakfast - porridge + sultanas, green tea
    lunch - pasta + vegetable sauce
    snack - carrot sticks with a bit of hummus
    dinner - poached eggs, beans and mushrooms
    I think it's called a lateral pull down. And well done, looks like you're back on track :yep: I'm not one to talk really - haven't worked out in ages :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's called a lateral pull down. And well done, looks like you're back on track :yep: I'm not one to talk really - haven't worked out in ages :puppyeyes:
    Haha, no it's good! The more people berate me about not posting/eating healthily, the more it reminds me to do so!

So today

Breakfast - muesli avec yoghurt
    Lunch - turkey salad sandwitch, latte
    Snack - carrots with hummus (tying to use it up!)
    Dinner - probably going to have somekind of chicken in vegetables thingy, but with loads of vegetables rather than rice, already had my carbs for today.

Haven't worked out 2d but I've been walking around town most of this afternoon - they say shopping is exercise...right?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.