Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *my-future's-bright*)
    people have been telling me not to get my name but i don't know what to get .. everything else is kinda common to me. and you can hide a foot tattoo.. i dunno man but i want one
    Seriously, www.bmezine.com is your friend, you'll find loads of ideas on there.

ReputationRep:
    It entirely depends if you're having it done somewhere that charges by the ink or by the hour. I had a peacock feather, reaching from my ankle to the middle of my foot, and that cost me £60. But my place charged £60 per hour.

ReputationRep:
    people have been telling me not to get my name but i don't know what to get .. everything else is kinda common to me. and you can hide a foot tattoo.. i dunno man but i want one
    OP if you are only getting your name because you can't think of anything else. don't get it. you have to live with it the rest of your life. wait a year, find something that actuall means something to you, or something you can design yourself. just don't get something for the sake of getting it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW86)
    Seriously, www.bmezine.com is your friend, you'll find loads of ideas on there.
    thanks for the site, most definitely better than google :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilina)
    OP if you are only getting your name because you can't think of anything else. don't get it. you have to live with it the rest of your life. wait a year, find something that actuall means something to you, or something you can design yourself. just don't get something for the sake of getting it.
    Can you explain why please? People often say this but give no reasoning.

I have quite a few tattoo's for no other reason than I thought the design looked cool and I wanted them, I regret them in no shape or form, they haven't stopped me getting a good job, and they were 100% purely aesthetic.

OP if you want to get something just because it will look good, bloody do it. People have botox, boob jobs, lypo, nose jobs and all other sorts of treatment to change the way they look on an aesthetic level, tattoo's do not have to be any different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW86)
    Can you explain why please? People often say this but give no reasoning.

I have quite a few tattoo's for no other reason than I thought the design looked cool and I wanted them, I regret them in no shape or form, they haven't stopped me getting a good job, and they were 100% purely aesthetic.

OP if you want to get something just because it will look good, bloody do it. People have botox, boob jobs, lypo, nose jobs and all other sorts of treatment to change the way they look on an aesthetic level, tattoo's do not have to be any different.
    fair enough, you actually WANTED them. the op said she was getting her name coz she couldn't thnk of anything else. not because she actaully WANTED her name. that was my point.
    because tattoos are so difficlt to get rid of. it's just not a good idea to think 'hey i want a tattoo, yea i'll get a butterfly' and just go for it. if you then decide you probably shouldn't have just done it like that any time later, it's very difficult to reverse. that's all i'm saying. botox wears out, boob jobs and lypo can be reversed, tattoos can't so much.

ReputationRep:
    fair enough, you actually WANTED them. the op said she was getting her name coz she couldn't thnk of anything else. not because she actaully WANTED her name. that was my point.
    because tattoos are so difficlt to get rid of. it's just not a good idea to think 'hey i want a tattoo, yea i'll get a butterfly' and just go for it. if you then decide you probably shouldn't have just done it like that any time later, it's very difficult to reverse. that's all i'm saying. botox wears out, boob jobs and lypo can be reversed, tattoos can't so much.
    I don't know why but that really made me laugh! Some thin person manically eating mcdonalds trying to reverse her lypo!

ReputationRep:
    i've always wanted a tattoo and as an idea, my name popped into my head a few months ago. the more i think about it, the more i do want it because it does mean more than just my name to me but i understand your point though because i don't regret getting something meaningless in like 10 years

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you get the one on your ribs first? So it gives you the time to think about the foot one...or is it cuz mumsies paying for the foot and not the rib? :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's best to wait til you really know what you want. I wanted a ballet pointe shoe for about a month, then went off the idea. If I were you I'd take awhile to think about it, say a good few months, as this is a huge decision. Someone once said to me wait a year and see if you still want it. There's no rush! Also, you could go to a henna place and get it done. Lasts a week or so so you can see if you like it.

ReputationRep:
    the only thing that should be on your foot is a shoe. or a sock.
    i would never want to draw attention to my feet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    Why don't you get the one on your ribs first? So it gives you the time to think about the foot one...or is it cuz mumsies paying for the foot and not the rib? :hmmm:
    i didn't want one my ribs :no: i was thinking about my wrists though but not my name though.. mumzies paying for whatever, but she has to approve first :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    i didn't want one my ribs :no: i was thinking about my wrists though but not my name though.. mumzies paying for whatever, but she has to approve first :shifty:
    Oh dear sorry must have had that in my head for some reason! I think you get what you like but make sure you really want it.
    You have to go through pain for it...and pain again if you want to remove it. If you get a big ugly nasty script across your foot it may make wearing sandals weird....

lol i think you should have a look around I'm sure something will catch your eye (if you are unsure about the name thing)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    I love foot tattoos, but after how painful my first one was (on my spine), I dont think I wanna know... or do I?
    They're not unbearable, but it definitely made me swear quite a bit at times. It's different for everyone, obv, but I doubt there'd be much difference between your spine and foot.

OP, I think you need to have a long, serious think about what you want. It's not worth going through the pain, and the money, just because you want a tattoo. It has to mean something, because after all, it'll be with you for life... Plus, foot tattoos may be easy to hide, but they're a pain in the arse to heal because they get irritated by shoes and socks, and you shouldn't soak it in the bath whilst healing, etc.

ReputationRep:
    OP, that tattoo is awful. Please don't get anything that size or in that font.
    And if you need to get text go for ribs. Foot tats should be sexy, that looks like someone went mad with a sharpie.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a foot tattoo, much smaller than that one though, and it cost me £50. I expect something like you're after would probably cost anywhere up to £100.

Though isn't getting your own name a bit...egomaniacal? Just seems a bit weird to me, I'd never get my own name tattooed anywhere on my body, even if I had a name that I liked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittykatkat)
    OP, that tattoo is awful. Please don't get anything that size or in that font.
    And if you need to get text go for ribs. Foot tats should be sexy, that looks like someone went mad with a sharpie.
    Lol was a very bad example i know. I'm gonna rest the idea for a while so i get the right thing and i'm gonna ask round at tattoo shops for their opinion

ReputationRep:
    mines down more of the less the whole length of the right side of my right foot and it cost £80 including colours. i would imagine yours would be about that, maybe a bit more. and please think about the pain before you do it, feet are the second most painful place to have a tattoo!

ReputationRep:
    Hey if you do get a tattoo get a design that means something to you erm.. maybe your bf name..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llacerta)
    I've got a foot tattoo, much smaller than that one though, and it cost me £50. I expect something like you're after would probably cost anywhere up to £100.

Though isn't getting your own name a bit...egomaniacal? Just seems a bit weird to me, I'd never get my own name tattooed anywhere on my body, even if I had a name that I liked.
    a few people have said to me, who know me well say that I'm full of myself but they know I'm not .. but as i said i need to wait a while and really think about it..

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.