The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
*my-future's-bright*
I'm planning to get something similar to this size on my foot in April and i was wondering if anyone knew how much it would cost roughly (£) or if anyone had something similar to it and how long it took.. Mum is paying for it though :woo: but still curious lol

:biggrin: xx

Attachment not found

that tatoo looks a bit too much I like it with simple designs and like 5 times less than the one in the pic.
Reply 41
maryob
Just curious, do you consider my tattoo to be a tramp stamp (see profile pic) because of it's placement...?

Just to say, your tat is lovely and totally not a tramp stamp! :yep:
maryob
Just curious, do you consider my tattoo to be a tramp stamp (see profile pic) because of it's placement...?

OP, I would expect your tattoo to cost between £40-80. Obviously this is dependent on size, colour, complexity and of course tattooist, but as it's going to be B&W, and your on foot so it can't be too large, I wouldn't expect to pay anymore than £80.

It's not your name or a playboy bunny so I guess not :smile:
Reply 43
why on earth are you getting a tattoo of your name lol :/ are you gonna forget it

get my name instead
Some artists charge by the hour, rather than on the basis of the design itself.
Reply 45
llacerta
I've got a foot tattoo, much smaller than that one though, and it cost me £50. I expect something like you're after would probably cost anywhere up to £100.

Though isn't getting your own name a bit...egomaniacal? Just seems a bit weird to me, I'd never get my own name tattooed anywhere on my body, even if I had a name that I liked.

Precisely this!

Sorry OP but I think name tattoos are one of the naffest things humanly possible to have.

I think tattoos should either be really really beautiful or hold important meaning to the bearer.
Please spend as much time as possible thinking about something worthwhile rather than getting one just for the sake of having it.

As for cost, a friend of mine who is a tattoo artist says he charges depending on if it's just black, if it has colours, the size and complexity, if it requires shading etc.
In other words we really can't tell you lol ^^
Rananagirl
Precisely this!

Sorry OP but I think name tattoos are one of the naffest things humanly possible to have.

I think tattoos should either be really really beautiful or hold important meaning to the bearer.
Please spend as much time as possible thinking about something worthwhile rather than getting one just for the sake of having it.

As for cost, a friend of mine who is a tattoo artist says he charges depending on if it's just black, if it has colours, the size and complexity, if it requires shading etc.
In other words we really can't tell you lol ^^

Lol my name was just the first thing that popped into my head just because i wanted a tattoo but i spoke to my mum and she said the same thing about it being naff lol and because she's paying for it she said i have to wait till i'm sure i get what i want
Reply 47
Homie
Just to say, your tat is lovely and totally not a tramp stamp! :yep:

Aw, thank you :p:
Reply 48
Hi,
You should take care of the tattoos after some time irritation may case.
That tattoo is hideous ++++++++++!!

Latest