Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So it's mine and my boyfriends first anniversary shortly and I don't really know what to do for it.

I know I should "know him better than anyone else" but it would still be a help to know what other guys would like/what they have received in the past and what other girls have done for their boyfriends, whether it be having bought something or doing something else.

I am also going to make a kind of IOU coupon book (different sort of favours that he can use when he likes, ranging from all sorts, such as back massage, meal cooked for him, movie night - his choice of movie, and some other stuff). So if anyone has any suggestions for this too that would be a help.

Thanks for all the "sensible" and non crude suggestions from all you romantics out there

ReputationRep:
    On our first anniversary, we went back and did all the things we did when we had our first kiss. Sounds cheesy, but it was really nice.
    A coupon booklet sounds sweet, but be aware he might pull one out when you're really not in the mood, or if he's done something wrong.

Personally, I say, nothing beats a good meal, snuggles and sexy time ;]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devotchka_)
    Totally agree! My fella & I aren't really ones for all the big romance crap, but for our first anniversary (bearing in mind we were already living together) I arranged for our housemate to be out all night, dug out some of our favourite films, and had a chinese all ready & waiting when we got home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devotchka_)
    Sexy time?!? :eek: "No!".

My anniversary is coming up soonish and I think what I would really like is just some good us time, I think it might ruin your night is you try to hard to make sure you both have a good time... maybe do something that he really likes - show him how you appreciate him I guess

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.