Turn on thread page Beta

Owners of Toyota cars, Recall Information watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Toyota have released today that there is a potential problem with the accelerator getting stuck or not returning on some models. (i.e. stuck on throttle) They have not disclosed what models these are yet, but if you have a newish Toyota, keep your ear to the ground on this one, although I am sure you will get a letter from Toyota shortly.

Here you go,

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-acce...call-in-europe

Hope this helps someone!

Graham

I believe it is eight models that have been recalled in the US and the RAV4 has been recalled in China, they're apparently still determining which European models use the same parts (or they have already done so and are working on the logistics of the recall).

ReputationRep:
    More here. Honda have also had to recall some cars, this could cost both manufacturers dearly wrt future sales.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it's got something to do with the carpets in Toyotas? Read somewhere that they advise you to remove the driver's carpet...

I think I read they were two different faults, the carpet one was related to a specific car whereas this is potentially range-wide. I may be mistaken though.

Edit:
    The BBC are saying it's eight models in Europe too, including the Yaris, Corolla and RAV4. They also state it's down to "faulty pedals" on cars "manufactured between 19 March 2009 and 25 January 2010 in Tianjin" and it also affects 1600 Ford Transits.

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused, I thought it was going back to 2005...now 2009-2010?!

Very odd.

Updates from Toyota themselves:
    List of European Toyota Models Affected by Recall
    Advice to Customers Concerned About Accelerator Pedal Issues

Models are:
    - AYGO (Feb 2005 – Aug 2009)
    - iQ (Nov 2008 – Nov 2009)
    - Yaris (Nov 2005 – Sep 2009)
    - Auris (Oct 2006 – 5 Jan 2010)
    - Corolla (Oct 2006 – Dec 2009)
    - Verso (Feb 2009 – 5 Jan 2010)
    - Avensis (Nov 2008 – Dec 2009)
    - RAV4 (Nov 2005 – Nov 2009)

Peugeot 107 and Citroen C1 also affected.

ReputationRep:
    nice find!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah good Spot. It had kind of passed my by that if the Aygo was affected, the PSA reworkings of it could be too.

ReputationRep:
    Toyota corolla models could be affected 2002 onwards as they had the same cable not just 2006 to 2009. Can't find the link where i read it sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently they've also identified a problem with Prius' brakes.

What's next, clutch also doesn't work?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.