Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Skipping with speed rope adequate replacement for jogging in aiding fat loss? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can someone give me a skipping workout plan?Treadmill has screwed shins and cycling stinks.Lactic acid builds up so i can only do 20 mins.

ReputationRep:
    Replacement? Skipping is better!!!!!

Do it like a boxer, 1ming 50 seconds, then for 10 seconds as fast as possible - rest 30 seconds then go again - try to build upto 6 rounds of this.

ReputationRep:
    Second the boxer thing. Was what I was going to recomend..

ReputationRep:
    I can do 15 mins but only 20 seconds at a time. I try to use my wrists but I get bicep/tricep pain....

ReputationRep:
    ooo i like this and this boxer skipping routine thing works for fat loss? It sounds too good to be true..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbelle ♥)
    ooo i like this and this boxer skipping routine thing works for fat loss? It sounds too good to be true..
    Are most boxers fat? its awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Are most boxers fat? its awesome!
    No but they have lots of muscle, which I'm not really feeling - not on me anyway lol..

Skipping rope shopping tomorrow for me then I think

ReputationRep:
    No but they have lots of muscle, which I'm not really feeling - not on me anyway lol..

You want to feel lots of muscle? I am sure there are many fitness bros to volunteer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    You want to feel lots of muscle? I am sure there are many fitness bros to volunteer
    Very funny

ReputationRep:
    help!

ReputationRep:
    do tabata training but apply it to skipping

so 20 seconds fast, 10 seconds normal and repeat

do a few sets everyday and bask in the glorious difference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowman Bard)
    do tabata training but apply it to skipping

so 20 seconds fast, 10 seconds normal and repeat

do a few sets everyday and bask in the glorious difference
    Ill do it.Although my arms-sholders and triceps-start to ache.

ReputationRep:

You won't put on muscle from skipping

ReputationRep:
    oh

ReputationRep:
    oh

ReputationRep:
    every single person who has made a comment about boxers has got it completely wrong

boxers do not have 'lots of muscle'. most boxers have never lifted a weight in their lives.

and boxers don't skip to lose weight -it's for training interval endurance, footwork, co-ordination. they run 5-8 miles in the morning before breakfast to lose weight for fights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHRIS_PARTLOW)
    every single person who has made a comment about boxers has got it completely wrong

boxers do not have 'lots of muscle'. most boxers have never lifted a weight in their lives.

and boxers don't skip to lose weight -it's for training interval endurance, footwork, co-ordination. they run 5-8 miles in the morning before breakfast to lose weight for fights.
    No one in this thread has made any of those claims

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yokel)
    No one in this thread has made any of those claims
    ok mate

No but they have lots of muscle, which I'm not really feeling

=/

keep it moving

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHRIS_PARTLOW)

So...skipping isnt worth my time. I did it today and got a serious sweat going. Jogging is out the question as my shins are f***ed and cycling is **** as I get cramp way too soon.

ReputationRep:
    Consecutive double hops :woo:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.