Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well, i had a University talk the other week! and i feel i need to make a move on deciding what to do! But im not actually sure what i want to do.
    Im taking these AS levels atm - Biology, Geography, Maths and English Literature! Im deffo hoping to drop english - i hate that subject so much!

My favourite Subject is Biology . maths i love but i dont personally want to do a degree in it or a career. Geography bores me sometimes ! Biology is great although i dont really like biochemisty much! I was looking to some courses on biology but im not really sure what to look like! I like all about the heart and organelles best!
    but im not sure what kind of course is right for me ?
    any advice ?

ReputationRep:
    If you don't know what you want to do why do you want to go to univeristy?

ReputationRep:
    Apply for biology :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    Don't go just for the sake of going. Take a gap year and work out what you really want to do, or you'll just end up wasting a lot of time and money.

Also yes, biology is great

ReputationRep:
    I want to go to univeristy ! Its just i dont really know what course to take

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by casiogeek)
    People on TSR don't always know what is best for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittykatkat)
    If you don't know what you want to do why do you want to go to univeristy?
    What a strange question...

You'd be best talking to your teachers/parents and looking through some uni courses to see if anything catches your eye.

ReputationRep:
    I want to go to univeristy ! Its just i dont really know what course to take
    Why don't you want to take biology? If you're good at it and you enjoy it, then it seems to be a reasonable choice.

ReputationRep:
    Medicine :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Well, i had a University talk the other week! and i feel i need to make a move on deciding what to do! But im not actually sure what i want to do.
    Im taking these AS levels atm - Biology, Geography, Maths and English Literature! Im deffo hoping to drop english - i hate that subject so much!

My favourite Subject is Biology . maths i love but i dont personally want to do a degree in it or a career. Geography bores me sometimes ! Biology is great although i dont really like biochemisty much! I was looking to some courses on biology but im not really sure what to look like! I like all about the heart and organelles best!
    any advice ?
    Biology

Genetics

Or health careers like.. Speech and lang, Physio, Radiography?

I would recommend biology... cause you could teach after or go on to further study and even become a forensic scientist, go on to do medicine/vetinary.
    Or genetics is really interesting - if you do doctorate you can make lots of money.

There's loads u can do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfjr)
    Medicine :yep:
    Nooo, you can't be serious xD

ReputationRep:

any advice ?
    Syrely cell organelles and the like are the biochemistry. :p: But perhaps you should look into biology. There are many biological degrees you could choose from and you can search for them on ucas.com

ReputationRep:
    Why not go on UCAS and look at all the courses available. What can you see yourself doing as a career? You don't have to take one of your A level subjects at uni, you could do something completely different. There are lots of courses loosely related to biology, or you could do a joint degree with something else that also interests you.

How about you write down couple of uni courses you are interested in and attend the uni open days for that course.

Taking a gap year is another option

ReputationRep:
    human sciences. learn about your body!

ReputationRep:
    What about Cardiology?

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.