The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20

i will remember this moment
Reply 21
Put it this way, the last 3 clubs he managed before Spurs were Portsmouth, Southampton and West Ham.
shark67
No, its the players who have ruined Portsmouth. They are the ones who play on the pitch right?

You make a good, obvious point. All too often, blame is shifted from players to the manager etc...

Players should take responsibility and put in a shift, it's what they get handsomely paid for afterall! It's just a cop-out sometimes, players not giving enough of a ****.
mermania
Put it this way, the last 3 clubs he managed before Spurs were Portsmouth, Southampton and West Ham.

Well done, you've named three of the clubs he's previously managed. Are you honestly trying to blame 'Arry for West Ham's troubles? I detest the man, but that is a bit of a stretch, tbh. He left them in 2001, fyi.
Reply 24
white_haired_wizard
You make a good, obvious point. All too often, blame is shifted from players to the manager etc...

Players should take responsibility and put in a shift, it's what they get handsomely paid for afterall! It's just a cop-out sometimes, players not giving enough of a ****.

Thank you.
Reply 25
The whole time this Pompey financial struggle has been going, Harry's been watching it from the sidelines and seems keen to kind off distance himself from it all. Like "It didn't happen on my watch so not much to do with me" when the fact is that it did. The signings of Crouch, Defoe, Diarra and all the money used up was on his and Storrie's watch, and IMO, the blame falls on them two and the owners for spending beyond their means.

I dont like Redknapp too much, just feel he's ran when he could with the Spurs job and Im surprised there hasnt been criticism of him for buying players beyond Pompey's means but I suppose he will say "I always left the transfers to the chairman etc" as he says that quote alot regarding Spurs and possible transfer deals.

As a manager he should have some idea of how much money is spent on players' wages and transfer deals etc.
I like Redknapp but I hate how he is ALWAYS active in the transfer window. I swear all he does every six months is buy strikers.
Reply 27
Redknapp is the most important piece in the puzzle of Pompy's fail. I am aghast at how many people can simply alleviate him of all the blame, it is ridiculous.

Manager does not simply mean he manages on the field affairs, but when the owners are essentially investors who come and go, he is the one making the key decisions, and knowing him I doubt he was very flexible. In all probability he demanded certain players and commitments and threatened to go elsewhere if they weren't met.

He is in the process of doing similar damage to Spurs... only they'll absorb far more before crumbling, due to their stronger balance sheet.
Reply 28
Was allowed to spend beyond our means by THE OWNER, thus i don't think it is 100% Twitchy's fault, but he played a MASSIVE part. As a Pompey fan, i still respect that droopy faced mofo for the success & top flight football he has brought us. If you want anyone to blame, with Redknapp, it should be Sacha Gaydamak for bending over & letting 'arry bum him for more transfer funds, when technically, you can't afford to give him.

Utaka for £7m??? & £85k p/w.. :lol:
David Nugent.... £6m... :lol:

Why Sacha gave him the funds for those ****s is beyond me.

Stupid french-russian ****.
Reply 29
I'm not a big Redknapp fan. But he is a decent manager.

Anyway I think it all comes down to bad decisions being made at board level. Offering silly wages to players. Plus the quality players that left were filled with average players. It was bound to catch up with them sooner or later.

I hope the FA takes note about the owners though - it seems any mug can come in and ruin a club. The so called Fit and Proper test seems like codswallop.
Reply 30
mermania

:rofl:

On a serious note, I don't like Harry Redknapp so yes he is to blame for some of it :ninja:
Reply 31
LMAO. I remember the interview they had with him when he left Portsmouth and said that he will never touch Portsmouth's players. Now look at the Tottenham squad.
Reply 32
Typical ******* Redknapp too. Insists this player isn't good for the team or that he isn't interested in the slightest, then snaps him up literally a day later. Complete and utter cock, you just need to look at his previously managed teams and the ruins he's left them in to say that. Can't wait for the day he leaves the yids, if the trend carries on!
Reply 33
Of course it will carry on. He will again spend beyond his means in the future, no matter how much money Spurs supporters think they have... Harry will **** them up, just needs 2-3 years to do so.

That cock face could even bankrupt Man City.
I do think Peter Storrie isn't as innocent as he makes himself out to be.
Reply 35
Rock Fan
I do think Peter Storrie isn't as innocent as he makes himself out to be.

He's a sneaky & dirty tax dodging bastard as well.

Mark my words, when Storrie quits Pompey, he will be working at WHL before you can cough.
Redknapps managerial clubs
Bournemouth
Southampton
West Ham
Portsmouth
See a pattern?
He's a spiv who ruins every club he manages.
He'll screw up Tottenham in time. That's if he isn't in prison for tax fraud.
I'm not a big Redknapp fan. But he is a decent manager.

Anyway I think it all comes down to bad decisions being made at board level. Offering silly wages to players. Plus the quality players that left were filled with average players. It was bound to catch up with them sooner or later.

I hope the FA takes note about the owners though - it seems any mug can come in and ruin a club. The so called Fit and Proper test seems like codswallop.

It has nothing to do with money though.

Also, Redknapp left West Ham in 2001, he played little to no part wrt their plight.
Reply 38
hypocriticaljap
Redknapps managerial clubs
Bournemouth
Southampton
West Ham
Portsmouth
See a pattern?
He's a spiv who ruins every club he manages.
He'll screw up Tottenham in time. That's if he isn't in prison for tax fraud.

True :yep:

How he isn't in prison already is beyond me.

If any of us done what he did, atm we wouldn't be posting here, we'd be trying not to drop the soap in HMP Parkhurst.

See it on the news all the time: "OAP threatened with prison over non-payment of 26p tax bill"

How is this snake not in prison?! :mad:
Reply 39
Kevmeister
It has nothing to do with money though.

Also, Redknapp left West Ham in 2001, he played little to no part wrt their plight.

Lucky for them that Karen and her Brady's have come to the rescue.. :love:

(well, not her, but i just wanted to honour her lovely breasts..)

Latest