Turn on thread page Beta

Has Harry Redknapp ruined Portsmouth? watch

ReputationRep:
    Some of the clubs that people are claiming he ruined (e.g. West Ham, Bournemouth) are ridiculous claims.

There's no doubt he's a good manager - getting Portsmouth to the Premiership and saving them from almost certain relegation several years later, shows that. The only club he was a contributing factor in ruining was Portsmouth. The others were either coincidences or not his fault.

Southampton weren't ruined by Redknapp. They were nearly relegated before he joined, and he spent one year in the Championship. Southampton were ruined completely by their owners. Perhaps they weren't helped by Redknapp's abrupt departure, but in reality it was one tiny thing on a massive scale.

ReputationRep:
    Rupert Lowe, Sir Clive Woodward & Redknapp... Bunch of prunts.

Southampton hardly fill their stadium do they?

I mean it always seems to have parts closed off... :confused:

No wonder they went bust...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    It has nothing to do with money though.

Also, Redknapp left West Ham in 2001, he played little to no part wrt their plight.
    Yeah thats my point why does it have nothing to do with money?

It should made a rule, a law whatever you want to call it....that the person or company that is taking over can generate enough money to atleast pay wages (on time)

Pompey fans have been bashed about - I'd be very very angry with how its all spiralled out of control.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 46664)
    Yeah thats my point why does it have nothing to do with money?

It should made a rule, a law whatever you want to call it....that the person or company that is taking over can generate enough money to atleast pay wages (on time)

Pompey fans have been bashed about - I'd be very very angry with how its all spiralled out of control.
    I don't think that'd be workable, tbh. Prime example is Pompey, the wage bill has played a part towards the debt accumulation but the new owners can't be expected to be able to meet that, esp if part of their plan to get the club into good working order is to cut the wage bill. Also, not everyone has that kind of money aswell as the money to buy into a club, but once they buy the club they have an asset to use as collateral to generate money from banks, player sales and so forth.

ReputationRep:
    so its all a coincidence then?
    And pigs can fly!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.