Apple Keyboard Watch

HeliWolf
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Anyone got opinions on the Apple Keyboard?

I've been thinking about picking a new keyboard up for my laptop for a while (sick to death of the keyboard on this thing, CTRL and Shift keys decide to stop responding every other day) and the keyboards I see with iMac's look pretty sweet.
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Go into a Mac store and try one out? Assuming there's one nearby of course.
HeliWolf
Rep:
?
Haha, the root of all my problems.

There's one in Birmingham somewhere, but I don't go near that city unless I know exactly where I'm going.
Gary Fu
Report 8 years ago
Its in the bullring, i've been there before, i'd get a apple keyboard, but they like 3 times more expensive than an ordinary one -_-
19becky91
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Apple keyboard is great. Very easy to use. Only downside on mine is that hasn't got a hash button.
aspiringmathematician
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 19becky91)
Apple keyboard is great. Very easy to use. Only downside on mine is that hasn't got a hash button.
That can indeed be annoying; try alt+3 on a UK keyboard and it should come up. # - There, I just did it!

OP, do you want a wired one or a wireless one? The wireless one is pretty kick ass and I use one with my PS3 much to the chagrin of my friends who have to type huge messages using the controller!
HeliWolf
Rep:
?
(Original post by aspiringmathematician)
That can indeed be annoying; try alt+3 on a UK keyboard and it should come up. # - There, I just did it!

OP, do you want a wired one or a wireless one? The wireless one is pretty kick ass and I use one with my PS3 much to the chagrin of my friends who have to type huge messages using the controller!
Whichever's cheaper to be honest. Wireless would be more convenient (my desk is already a swamp of wires).

The Bull Ring, wow a place in Birmingham that I can actually find. I might pop down tomorrow to get some experience with it.
theBOON
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This really made me :lol: :toofunny:
alexsheppard11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
the apple keyboard has different keys.
it wont have an Fn key for example.

however, if you google around you can map the apple keys to what you really want them to do
felt_monkey
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Thank youuuuuu . Been wondering for a while how to do that. Now I will celebrate ####################
gamer91
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
what happened to apples reputation for being perfect for creative things?

I heard creative types cant live without their hash.

perhaps they all buy PC keyboards :dontknow:
SouthernFreerider
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
apple have different keys. like the cmd key.
19becky91
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

# ooh, I just did it! thank you so much! That's brilliant, thank you! I've got a macbook so it's not wireless.
HeliWolf
Rep:
?
Well after testing one out at the Apple store (which is definitely my first port of call if I ever win the lottery, it's like Mecca), I bought one off the Internet (£15, so I saved a bundle compared to the price I saw at the Apple store) and I'm so glad I did.

Aesthetically, it's stunning. But it's Apple, so that's kinda a given. I can't get over how thin it is, but it's got some good weight behind it too so it doesn't feel flimsy at all.

Typing is much better for me on this, feels more natural than on any other keyboard I've ever used.

Only two niggles:
  1. The USB wire isn't very long
  2. For some reason the 'N' key isn't responsive at times, I sometimes have to tap the key a few times (any help on that front would be very useful)

So yeah, great keyboard.
Bucky!
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by alexsheppard11)
it wont have an Fn key for example.
I'm currently looking at the fn key on mine...

As for a non-responsive n key, that might just have been the one you were using. Don't forget the keyboards in-store take a massive battering.
alexsheppard11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Bucky!)
I'm currently looking at the fn key on mine...

As for a non-responsive n key, that might just have been the one you were using. Don't forget the keyboards in-store take a massive battering.
interesting:holmes:

they have more f keys dont they? up to about f18?
HeliWolf
Rep:
?
19 on mine.
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by alexsheppard11)
interesting:holmes:

they have more f keys dont they? up to about f18?
19 if you have one with a numpad, 12 otherwise (plus eject, which is technically F13).

Maybe buy a USB extension OP? They're usually fairly cheap.
HeliWolf
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dez)
19 if you have one with a numpad, 12 otherwise (plus eject, which is technically F13).

Maybe buy a USB extension OP? They're usually fairly cheap.
Yeah I will if I have to, at the moment it isn't much of a problem as I'm using it with a laptop that spends most of it's time on a chair next to my bed (with me lying in it, yeah I'm lazy).

Thanks for all the advice and comments.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (74)
27.61%
No (194)
72.39%

Watched Threads