Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I recently got an offer from Imperial, but I didn't do very well on one of my physics paper this January. I am thinking about retaking it, but I heard Imperial doesn't like retake, and they can reject me in Sep. even if I meet their A*AA offer(with one or two retakes)

Do they do this???they didn't say it on my UCAS offer!??

ReputationRep:
    If it doesn't say 'no retakes' or 'on first sitting' in your condition then no you should be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zjyboys)
    I recently got an offer from Imperial, but I didn't do very well on one of my physics paper this January. I am thinking about retaking it, but I heard Imperial doesn't like retake, and they can reject me in Sep. even if I meet their A*AA offer(with one or tow retakes)

Do they do this???they didn't say it on my UCAS offer!??
    check your offer conditions in ucas track. if it says 'no resits' then unlucky.
    chances are it will just say A*AA conditional and it doesn't matter whether you resit if it doesn't say anything about it.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I have the same problem as zjyboys. maybe even worst. I am thinking of resiting 2 of my math modules, 2 of my bio modules and 2 of my physics modules - to meet the offer which is AAA. Are they going to consider about the resits? and also, are they going to see the results of the first papers I have ever done? I am taking something to do with Engineering btw.

HELP ME GUYS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilfe)
    Hey guys, I have the same problem as zjyboys. maybe even worst. I am thinking of resiting 2 of my math modules, 2 of my bio modules and 2 of my physics modules - to meet the offer which is AAA. Are they going to consider about the resits? and also, are they going to see the results of the first papers I have ever done? I am taking something to do with Engineering btw.

HELP ME GUYS
    The same advice as given above, look at the conditional letter on UCAS and if it doesn't say something like "no resits" then you will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    only for maths entry

ReputationRep:
    I believe it's only Imperial Maths that gives offers with the "no modular retake" addon. As long as your conditional offer does not specify that retakes are not permitted, then you can retake the module with no effect upon your offer.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.