geography - bristol slow to reply Watch

stinky--pete
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I have applied to Bristol to do geography BSc F800. I received a strange letter in November saying that they had looked at my application but would not make a decision until they had more applications. I have not heard anything since and was wondering if anyone else has!!
Apophenia
Report 8 years ago
If I remember correctly, Bristol only look at applications after the UCAS deadline in January (21st this year, due to bad weather) to ensure all candidates are judged fairly. It's rather frustrating for people like myself who had their applications processed by October/November and who have been waiting for four months to hear their reply. Offers have started to come through now, though, so I would imagine you'll hear something by the end of next week.
matt_wf
Report 8 years ago
ive heard nothing back yet, i got an email saying itl take 8 weeks for them to decide. My friend who also applied for geog at bristol got rejected, and she got AAAB at AS ! They told her that 75% of applicants have been unsuccessfull eeeek
DizzyWeasel
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Last year when I applied for Psychology I didn't get an offer until mid-Fedbruary. This was quite a while after all the other people in my year who applied got rejected...
&lucy,
Report 8 years ago
OP - I had exactly the same, then an e-mail a week or so ago saying that they were going to miss the UCAS deadline too
I know one who's had an offer but also a few who had rejections back in December before Oxbridge interviews - I'm thinking no news is good news? Completely frustrating though.
&lucy, x
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.69%
No (665)
60.62%
Not really bothered about them (227)
20.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed