Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Never missed one at school, here? I'm a bad, bad person...

ReputationRep:
    People miss lectures all the time. ALLL the time.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, all the time. Started off going to half lectures and leaving at the break, sometimes I just don't get out of bed, still get firsts and 2:1's though.

ReputationRep:
    I had an amazing attendance at school/sixthform...I'm pretty good now, though health issues sometimes give me an excuse.
    Last year however was...well, not bad. I was good compared to most people, but 9ams were hard and I had 3 lectures in a row...3rd lecture had poor poor attendance XD It certainly didn't hurt my marks.
    This year we have much smaller classes and a very strict attendance register. Plus, I only have 3-6 hours a week, so not much excuse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelmxxx)
    For most people, lectures are optional - so they won't have registers or anything. I guess it depends on uni policies when people miss tutorials/etc.
    They do, atleast for me anyways.

ReputationRep:
    yup but would never ever miss a lab..!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I've only made it to three 9am lectures this term.

I'm not proud. :ashamed:

Well, maybe a little...:cool:

ReputationRep:
    All my lectures bar one start at 9AM or 10AM, add on the fact that I live an hour away from my uni and go figure... :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    So far this semester i've made it to 2/9 lectures at 10am. Not good!

ReputationRep:
    I went to two lectures last year. I have gone to one so far this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rimipie)
    everytime i read the replies saying they've skipped alot of lectures, i die a bit inside

i know its not the same but i've only ever bunked a lesson once, from years 7 to 12 so far, i can't miss lessons otherwise i feel wrong and like theres something missing lmao
    Last week I skipped a lab sesh and afew problem classes, oh and I forgot to go in on Wednesday ..though I am changing my course so I have lost the motivation really, and living off campus makes it so much easier to 'miss' your bus , why does 9 am seem so so horrible? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Never. I am so much of a goody two shoes you can't imagine. I'm the person that will actually sprint down the middle of campus to avoid being late. Tbf though I really struggle so I'd be ****ed if I missed any.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I go toe verything (almost) that I'm registerd for unless I'm ill

though I'm told tiredness is an illness too! lol. and I miss lots of lectures

ReputationRep:
    i've missed 6 lectures this week

ReputationRep:
    I missed soooo much uni this past semester - I got into a bad habit of not bothering to go to one of them, then just missing heaps of them. I made up for it for january exams by having a week with little/no sleep and lots of reading of lecture notes, and we'll see in the results whether I got away with it or not.

To be fair a lot of our lectures are rubbish that you can easily read over the week before the exam and understand fine. Specifically the Research Methods module and the Social Pharmacy and Practice one. Mostly stuff I knew already from common sense and not being thick lol

ReputationRep:
    One of my housemates has 6 hours of lectures a week, another only 4 hours, and they STILL manage to miss them! It's not even like they're ridiculously early or anything, they're just lazy drunks tbh

Me I have 13 hours, I'm allowed to miss at least a few!

ReputationRep:
    I go out most wednesday nights. I have a lecture 11am on a Thursday. I've been to two of those, this ENTIRE YEAR.

tbh, in a week, I'll probably miss more lectures than I attend. the thing is half the time when I go I don't even pay attention so I just feel like my time would be better spent doing something else.

I do my absolute best to go to all my seminars tho as they actually are important. I'll only miss a seminar if I've got something else important to do (although I consider something else important as seeing a friend I haven't seen in a month or so, as I did for one seminar this week....)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EierVonSatan)
    Of course, you'll be hard pressed to find someone who attended every lecture, tutorial, seminar, lab, workshop etc.
    I know like 1 or 2 but that's about it. In short, they're a rare kind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lalalalalalamember)
    Have you ever skipped university before?
    hahaha lol.. every student has missed at least 1 lecture - I know some that don't turn up to any..

lectures are a particularly shoddy way to learn anyway..

ReputationRep:
    Does arriving but leaving early count?

Otherwise no.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.