Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Curly_hair_girl)
    Does arriving but leaving early count?

Otherwise no.
    what you've never missed a single lecture?? not even out of necessity?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. It's stupid because I always seem to miss important lectures or ones where there wasn't a handout. :pinch:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah a fair share, stupid like but once you've missed one and realise you haven't missed a lot it just gets easier and easier to miss them.
    Nothing to be proud of but pretty standard i guess.

ReputationRep:
    I did it TOO MUCH last term. This term I haven't at all, at least not because of silly things like oversleeping or hangovers, but I had to miss an entire day this week because I felt so ill... it happened to be the busiest day of my week, too, so I felt really bad about it. Grrrrrrrrrr.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been into uni once these past 2 weeks. For an hour. And all I did was go on facebook.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainfaery)
    Haha, yes. I've been especially bad this semester so far. :x I've only been to 8/12 of my 9am lectures. Ooops.
    *gloats* what on earth do you attend 9am lectures for? are you crazy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelancastrian)
    Ive been into uni once these past 2 weeks. For an hour. And all I did was go on facebook.
    Glad to hear you take a very enthusiastic approach to university.

ReputationRep:
    I refuse to go to 9ams on principle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jukukiwaiyi)
    Glad to hear you take a very enthusiastic approach to university.
    My timetable these last two weeks was very sparse due to resits. I still managed to not go to 5 lectures though. (I had no resits cos Im brilliant)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rimipie)
    everytime i read the replies saying they've skipped alot of lectures, i die a bit inside

i know its not the same but i've only ever bunked a lesson once, from years 7 to 12 so far, i can't miss lessons otherwise i feel wrong and like theres something missing lmao
    Its very very very different. I didn't miss any school either, but I probably miss half my lectures at uni. At school you have your parents, your teachers, your classmates who will all notice if you don't turn up. At uni its different, theres little personal contact with your teachers, your parents aren't around, and your friends will likely not care.

ReputationRep:
    I love it how at uni we're all like 'a 9am is the devils work..' when compared to school it's a lie in..

ReputationRep:
    Generally I miss at least 1/2 of my lectures.

ReputationRep:
    I made one out of thirteen lectures this week...

I did however make all my seminars. There are registers, so what do you expect? :shifty:

(Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Never. I am so much of a goody two shoes you can't imagine. I'm the person that will actually sprint down the middle of campus to avoid being late. Tbf though I really struggle so I'd be ****ed if I missed any.
    Academic Info:
    If you're actually interested in this section we probably won't get on too well.

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

ReputationRep:
    For 19 years, yes.

ReputationRep:
    I miss about half of my lectures every week and occasionally miss a class too

ReputationRep:
    i dont like peoples attudes to uni , you pay allthis money surely u want to get the most out of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EierVonSatan)
    True but it can be better for you to use the resources that you pay for and learn at home instead of going to lectures, for example. Some of the lecture courses where pretty slow going and would post the notes up online anyway - I'd say it's fine to miss lectures so long as you catch the work up.
    There are a lot of people on my course who miss lectures regularly (well, not a lot, but I am shocked that it's more than five people) and don't do any work at home. I'm not sure how they're gonna pass the first year, but some seem to think alcohol is a solution even for that.

To the OP: I have missed one lecture so far and that was because my bike was broken and I couldn't be bothered to catch the bus and be late

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jukukiwaiyi)
    *gloats* what on earth do you attend 9am lectures for? are you crazy?
    True, I could easily skip all of them and do just fine, but I'd feel guilty. :p:

ReputationRep:
    In first year I missed a fair few subsid lectures, but attended most of my core module lectures and all labs, tutorials etc.

Second year I missed very few lectures (ocassional Tuesdays as labs were more important than lectures, and one Wednesday 9 as I had a class test in the next slot).

This year (after a change of course within the department, as I hated Medicinal Chemistry), I have attended every lecture, workshop, tutorial and most lab sessions (as we can pick our own hours in labs this year).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    I made one out of thirteen lectures this week...

I did however make all my seminars. There are registers, so what do you expect? :shifty:

Academic Info:
    If you're actually interested in this section we probably won't get on too well.

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Hmm, I'll have to update that. What I meant was, why would I want to either show off about how well I did, or have all the A*A*A*A*A* people pity me? Like I said, I'm not very clever at all, and I'm trying hard to keep up so that I can feel happy and relieved when I pass, but the sort of people who would actually be interested in knowing what grades I got are in my experience not the sort of people I get on well with.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.