Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi people,

Basically at the place where I work there's this girl who comes in every friday to gain some work experience or so I understand it!
    To cut down the story, basically I like the look of her, and today she looked stunning as she was wearing some really nice clothes which suited her really well.

Usually she sits on her own, but today for part of lunch she came over and sat near the group of people I was chatting with - we exchanged a few glances, but at the time I felt unable to be in a position to speak to her, as I was busy talking with my colleagues.

So, is it a matter of going over and speaking to her? What is it best to talk about!?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Ask her how she's finding the placement! Ask if she needs any help?

ReputationRep:
    Just go over and start talking. You can either act like a player and do this 'neg' and 'build rapport' stuff, or you can just start a normal conversation, throw in a couple of complements, be a bit playful and tease her, but at the end of the day you just need to go for it and build at least some kind of a relationship with her.

ReputationRep:
    LOL +rep

ReputationRep:
    I am not even going to read the op, hehe, I bet you either haven't approached her or don't know what to say when you do.... Don't worry so much!

Talk about usual things, you are in the same place so maybe there is something that can be linked to that - uni/school/work/gym etc. Start with a greeting, make a comment and it is her turn, then you respond to what she has said, ask a question, pay a compliment etc, etc. Treat her like a normal person not an angel on a pedestal. You talk to people every day so treat her the same way.

If you want to ask her out then make a suggestion, maybe make it a group thing so she or you do not feel uneasy. Bowling, night out, meal and so forth.

ReputationRep:
    awww, they removed his post, what was wrong with it??

ReputationRep:
    Why are there so many of these pointless threads.
    You think she's hot
    You're a man (well you have testicles)
    She is a woman
    Go and talk to her/phucking thread

ReputationRep:
    You said she ususally sits on her own. Invite her to join your group of work mates for lunch. Might score some brownie points .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    Just go over and start talking. You can either act like a player and do this 'neg' and 'build rapport' stuff, or you can just start a normal conversation, throw in a couple of complements, be a bit playful and tease her, but at the end of the day you just need to go for it and build at least some kind of a relationship with her.
    or he could just say "you can't look at me like that and not say hello, but ill save you the hassle "

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.