Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

We talk online but she doesn't talk in real life! watch

I mean I can understand if she is shy but she seems to be able to talk to other people perfectly fine, yet she acts like I don't exist. It always seems so awkward. We've known each other since the start of school!, enough time to get over any shyness right?

Example we would say hi, how are you etc, nothing else said during the class (I gave up trying to say something a while back, all I would get would be closed responses) then she will say bye.

Then later online she starts talking to me!

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I mean I can understand if she is shy but she seems to be able to talk to other people perfectly fine, yet she acts like I don't exist. It always seems so awkward. We've known each other since the start of school!, enough time to get over any shyness right?

Example we would say hi, how are you etc, nothing else said during the class (I gave up trying to say something a while back, all I would get would be closed responses) then she will say bye.

Then later online she starts talking to me!

:confused:
    keep trying to talk to her see what happens she may eventually open up.

ReputationRep:
    she's probably shy, especially if she likes you! might not want to seem to desperate aswell maybe? just keep talking to her, shell become more comfortable around you

Next time she starts giving you the cold shoulder, take your sausage out your trousers and spin it in a whirlwhind motion into her face while singing the national anthem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Next time she starts giving you the cold shoulder, take your sausage out your trousers and spin it in a whirlwhind motion into her face while singing the national anthem.
    And if this fails, you could try hinting to her about it whilst you're talking online? I'd give an example but I'm not a very discrete person :p:

ReputationRep:
    Speak to her out this, question her why up front ?

ReputationRep:
    It's shyness! lol Trust me, I'm exactly the same! She might be insecure about something like her looks or her voice or something.

It's not that she doesn't like you or anything, if that was the case she wouldn't talk to you online.

I think she might have a crush on you

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like she has a crush on you.

ReputationRep:
    TSR maybe?

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like she likes you... I was like this with my ex when we started college, just talk to her more on MSN and maybe if you like her, see if she's busy at the weekend? If she says no... ask if she wants to do something . She's likely to say yes xD.
    If you don't I suppose she'll just gradually become more confident around you, so just give it time .

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.