Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im revising for my Biology AQA A2 ISA and am going over Spearmanks rank.

Im fine with the equation which they will give you in the exam (at least I think so)However Im not too sure about the 'one tail' or 'two tail' part.

From my notes it says to refer to the critical values of Spearmans rank table but surely we wont have this in the exam, so how will I know wether the data is significant?

My answer has been worked out to be 0.9152

So would I be able to reject the null hypothesis simply by knowing that 0.9152 is biggger than the minimum difference of 0.05 that is needed for the two variable to be significantly different, and not by doing the 'one tail' 'two tail' part?

Any info or help would be great thanks

(Original post by sophie12345678)
    Im revising for my Biology AQA A2 ISA and am going over Spearmanks rank.

Im fine with the equation which they will give you in the exam (at least I think so)However Im not too sure about the 'one tail' or 'two tail' part.

From my notes it says to refer to the critical values of Spearmans rank table but surely we wont have this in the exam, so how will I know wether the data is significant?

My answer has been worked out to be 0.9152

So would I be able to reject the null hypothesis simply by knowing that 0.9152 is biggger than the minimum difference of 0.05 that is needed for the two variable to be significantly different, and not by doing the 'one tail' 'two tail' part?

Any info or help would be great thanks
    I'm sure we get the critical table!

ReputationRep:
    dont worry about it, you do get the critical values table in the ISA

ReputationRep:
    ah ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    hi can you remember any queation which were on the exam, any specificaly hard ones?? thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.