Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can I change my mind on being income assessed? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    When I filled in my application for student finance (starting first course in 2010), I chose to be income assessed. Now I've discovered that I can probably only get the minimum loan anyway (£3564) so there's no point filling in the ridiculously complicated income forms (unless there's some other benefit to it that I'm not aware of). I thought I could just sign in and uncheck a box but I can't find an option to change this anywhere. Should I ring up on monday or is it too late to change it now? Or is it on the website and I just missed it?

ReputationRep:
    you can ring them up right now if you can
    there lines are open tilll 8pm as far as I know

ReputationRep:
    Oo really? I looked at the clock, saw it was just after 5 and figured they'd have just closed. I'm not going to ring today though because my parents want to add things up and make sure that we definitely are over the threshold before I change it (if I can). I thought I might as well find out how to do it now though.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    If you've already sent your application to be assessed, then you will have to ring up Student Finance and get them to change it for you. If it's still 'To Be Completed', then you should be able to scroll back and change it yourself.

(Original post by Meliae)
    Now I've discovered that I can probably only get the minimum loan anyway (£3564)...
    This is not the minimum loan; if you choose to not be income assessed, then £3564 is the maximum loan you will be entitled to (unless there are other factors, such as an NHS bursary, that makes that amount lower).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    If you've already sent your application to be assessed, then you will have to ring up Student Finance and get them to change it for you. If it's still 'To Be Completed', then you should be able to scroll back and change it yourself.
    I've done my part but my parents haven't done theirs.

This is not the minimum loan; if you choose to not be income assessed, then £3564 is the maximum loan you will be entitled to (unless there are other factors, such as an NHS bursary, that makes that amount lower).
    You know what I meant - my household income is high enough that being income assessed makes no difference - I can't get any more than £3564 (i.e. the minimum value the student finance calculator comes out with when you only change household income).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meliae)
    I've done my part but my parents haven't done theirs.
    You need to ring them and they may get you to fill in a CO1: Change of Circumstances form so they have it in writing.

You can't change things online once it has been submitted other than term time address and bank details.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.