Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which celebrities have you spoken to? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pigwigeon)
    I met Jezza at a book signing too. He thought my boyfriend's cousin was his girlfriend, he told her she was his cousin and he shrugged and said "Well it happens on my show..."

He also called one woman a dirty *****. Not sure of the context but he shouted it loudly enough to hear it from the back of the queue. What a legend.
    ha that man is so blunt! i couldnt belive what he said to me but i just played on it and walked away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shark67)
    OK, I don't care who you've seen, there's already a thread on this.

So, which celebrities have you spoken to in real life?

I've only spoken to Janine Butcher. She was in Manchester in July 08 filming for a programme called 'The Wire'.
    The Plain White Ts
    Bob Geldof
    Most of the HP cast
    JK Rowling
    Boys Like Girls

ReputationRep:
    david cameron
    john parrot
    daniel sloss

ReputationRep:
    I met Anthony Head once at Collect a Mania,He plays Giles on Buffy the Vampire Slayer am a big fan of the show & i he is such a nice guy,he spoke to my mum on her birthday & also asked her to come & meet him to say hello.

ReputationRep:
    Simon Amstell, that's pretty much it.

ReputationRep:
    Daniel Radcliffe gave me a brief hi in the toilets of Claridges (awkward)
    Frank Bruno
    Tim, Raef, Howard and Claire from The Apprentice during a Young Enterprise induction event.
    Oh and JB from JLS went to my school when I was in Year 7 as did Danny Cipriani.

ReputationRep:
    I've worked backstage at Latitude, so had chats with loads of comedians (Ed Byrne, Marcus Brigstocke, Rufus Hound, Zoe Lyons, Adam Hills, Frank Skinner) plus Jarvis Cocker and Keith Allen (Keith was probably the most fun. Didn't say a word when he was sober, but when he gets drunk he's the most chatty guy around)

KT Tunstall (Spent the day with her band in Argentina during my gap year. Very surreal, but they're all a great laugh)

Billy from The Subways (he's from my area so got a few mutual friends. Only briefly met him once or twice though)

Then a few low level bands not many people would care about (Los Campesinos, Good Shoes, Seafood, Llama Farmers)

ReputationRep:
    Derren Brown: I was a participant in one of his live shows a while back. He told me I was pritty! :p: Though I think that was just to get some kind of reaction from me because I was so petrified of being in front of people!

Apart from that:
    Micheal Morpurgo
    Hugh Grant

ReputationRep:
    Starting with the nobodies.

Jeremy irons
    Charlotte Church
    Davina Mcall
    David Tennant

Now for the big hitters.

I spoke to both GW Bush and Gordon Brown at the G8/J8 summit meet in 2008.
    Obama at the G8/J8 Meeting this year.

Top of the list
    Ian Mcellan and Will Smith

/thread.

ReputationRep:
    I've had @replies from Alphabeat and Jon Foreman from Switchfoot?

I'm trying to think if I've met anyone famous.. I don't think so, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitherehwsu)
    angelica bell (from when I was on 5050 with my primary school )
    like no-one else i dont think woah i thought id at least spoke to one or two
    you were on 50:50 :O:O i am so jealous! i always wanted my school to go on that :P
    did you get to do a challenge? did you get to do the avalanche!!

ReputationRep:
    I managed to speak to (albeit briefly) Craig Bellamy, Sir Tom Farmer, Costinha, Rio Ferdinand, Andy Murray and saw C.Ronaldo up close, but as you can imagine ever female dived right up to him as soon as he came out, so a kinda just gave up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uel369)
    I spoken to Beyonce. She stopped during her last tour to talk to someone in the audience and it was me!! I was like :O lol! OH!! and during video phone she through her handbag into the audience and I caught it!! Great night!!
    :zomg: No way, I am SO jealous! I need details, what did she say?

Oh, and I saw Colin Firth in San Diego!

ReputationRep:
    I spoke to Osama Bin Laden once, he has some issues.

ReputationRep:
    Met Tiara Gold from HSM3 on holiday, she was so lovely

and anil from basil brush
    lol

ReputationRep:
    MICHEAL SCHUMACHER!

and a load of famous motorcycle riders as well.Steve plater/Guy Martin etc etc...

Worked for a race team at a couple of races.

and other famous motorsport people including le Mans winners etc

ReputationRep:
    Personally I've only spoken to Michael Parkinson at a book signing. Nice chap, although he seemed quite tired which is understandable.

Saw Diana Vickers live last year (blonde one from 2008's X Factor with Ruth :awesome:, stood at the front too :zomg:, and don't laugh, it was free) and when she asked us to guess what the next song was I yelled at her to sing Ace of Spades by Motorhead. Made her laugh.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I met the Indian cricket team at a hotel in London last year, hardly spoke to them actually, they were all tired (just arrived from Heathrow airport).

I have spoken thoroughly to Yuvraj Singh before though as he was at a Tsunami charity cricket match in Shenley.

I hope to meet many more celebrities in my life though.

ReputationRep:
    I asked Terry Pratchett for a hug and he turned me down.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Oh and I just remembered Alan Duran a poet/author who was at my school.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.