Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Me and my classmates found it pretty hard, couldnt do most of the calculation questions, they werent relevant to those ones on the edexcel book or cgp revision book. we are expecting to get a C maximum as a class:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't a big fan, tripped up on some of them but gave them a look over and attempted :P

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely terrible, there wasn't enough time. Everything I had revised so hard felt like it had no relevance to any of the questions. You're taught stuff so simple then tested on something at a whole other level.

Thankfully I wasn't the only one who felt like this in the exam hall, you never know, if everybody else does really bad then the grade boundaries will be lower.

ReputationRep:
    i guess an A will be as low as 50/80, its was 58 or sth like that before

ReputationRep:
    what were the edexcel people thinking while preparing this paper, nothing like the example questions on the book, nothing about elastic inelastic collisions, and had alot of stuff from mechanics(physics paper 1), that rollercoaster question. what about particle physics, broighle wavelenghts? emc^2 stuff.
    i think they need to prepare another test and retest us around february or sth like that, this test is not acceptable.
    it wasnt even close to the specimen paper, how can you expect kids to achieve good results? gee!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aniltr)
    what were the edexcel people thinking while preparing this paper, nothing like the example questions on the book, nothing about elastic inelastic collisions, and had alot of stuff from mechanics(physics paper 1), that rollercoaster question. what about particle physics, broighle wavelenghts? emc^2 stuff.
    i think they need to prepare another test and retest us around february or sth like that, this test is not acceptable.
    it wasnt even close to the specimen paper, how can you expect kids to achieve good results? gee!
    tbf not a single one of their tests has been remotely similar to any of their specimen papers, only at least before the specimen were harder than the actual exam. Everyone i know has agreed it was a hard exam so hopefully low grade boundaries but yeh there was a lot missed out and why have an 'estimate the radius question'??!! but it definitely wasn't as horrendous as some people are making out

There is already a thread about this btw

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9#post23495009

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.