Turn on thread page Beta

Guys, at Uni would you go for a girl 1 year older than you? watch

Guys, if you found out a girl in your class was repeating the year, so was 1 year older than you, would that put you off a bit, straightaway?

I've liked a guy a year younger, it doesn't matter to me. But just in terms of guys at Uni.. esp, if you're surrounded by girls your age anyway...

ReputationRep:
    No... i like a girl whos two years oldeer.. and my best mate is going out with someone 6 years older

ReputationRep:
    Nowt wrong with it. Although I personally wouldnt go more then 1 or 2 years older..

Well it would put me off slightly.

ReputationRep:
    Don't me a moron.

One year is nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with one year, they say the older the better :perv:

ReputationRep:
    My brothers going out with someone whos 6months older than him and they've been going strong for 6 years.
    She was born in late 1982 and he's half way through 1983

ReputationRep:
    Yes I would.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, oh god, yes!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt care at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaDilemma)
    My brothers going out with someone whos 6months older than him and they've been going strong for 6 years.
    She was born in late 1982 and he's half way through 1983
    Why would you even mention that?
    Do you only go for people who are born within a month of your birthday or something?

ReputationRep:
    when i started uni in september i hit on some girl who had been at the uni for two years and was helping out at the freshers event. Just go for it.

ReputationRep:
    Aye.

ReputationRep:
    Of course. She might be more mature than the usual teenage-like freshers... On the other hand, I'd make sure to find out why she's repeating. Failing a year isn't really attractive if there's not a good reason for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Nebula)
    Why would you even mention that?
    Do you only go for people who are born within a month of your birthday or something?
    This, 6 months is nothing :lolwut:

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Guys, if you found out a girl in your class was repeating the year, so was 1 year older than you, would that put you off a bit, straightaway?

I've liked a guy a year younger, it doesn't matter to me. But just in terms of guys at Uni.. esp, if you're surrounded by girls your age anyway...
    Being a guy who repeated my year, it hasnt been a problem at all. I told all my friedns this straight away and theres no problem. In fact as im quite small and I look young I seem younger than all my friends! Besides, there will be people who have done gap years as well so theres nothing to worry about

ReputationRep:
    I would !!

ReputationRep:
    I'd be more worried that she was stupid enough to make this thread. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bete noire)
    I'd be more worried that she was stupid enough to make this thread. lol
    This.

ReputationRep:
    I actually prefer older girls and would WANT to 'go for' one, but wouldn't see how/why they'd ever want to pursue a relationship with me, so don't.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.