Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find a break down of the success rate of applicants per college, per subject?

Please quote meee if you can help

Thanks,
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by scholarshipkid)
    Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find a break down of the success rate of applicants per college, per subject?

Thanks,
    Nowhere. I don't know whether such statistics are still being compiled, but if they are, they're for internal use only. The last time those kind of statistics were made publicly available was five or six years ago, so you might still be able to find those old statistics floating about somewhere, but they're bound to be so outdated they'll be utterly useless to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scholarshipkid)
    Hi,

Thanks,
    These Undergraduate Admissions Statistics (PDF document) do provide acceptance rates by subject and by college, but not concurrently, if that is of any help.

ReputationRep:
    Even if somebody does have the last publicly published figures (from 2003-2005) they are, like hobnob said, totally useless to you now and indeed would have been of very little use were you to have been applying back then. Make a shortlist based on criteria you think are important (location, age, size, accommodation, and suchlike), visit the colleges that best meet your criteria, and choose the one that feels right.

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.