Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So i'm getting sooo annoyed at the moment and wondering if anyone else is cos it feels like it's only me. My mates are mainly all 18 but i'm not for another 4 months. It may sound like nothing but not being able to go out the past year and a half is getting annoying now, especially when i see year 12's going out. I managed to borrow id a few times but it's so annoying hearing everyone getting so excited about going out at the weekend and all the stories knowing i can't. and no house parties are going on cos everyone just goes out, and im not allowed to have one. so basically its doing my head in i want to partyy!

just felt like a rant. i want summer now! sick of being 17 !

ReputationRep:
    This is you in the middle come summer: :dance::nutcase::dance:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    This is you in the middle come summer: :dance::nutcase::dance:
    hahahha sooo true!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm in the same situation, bub.
    Me birthday is two days after my first exam in the summer.
    On the plus side - I will be able to go out after I've finished/results day but I know people who can't.
    People went out tonight and I might have been able to join them if I'd had a lift seeing as most of them were 18 and there's enough people there for someone who's 17 to blend in and just pay people back for buying rounds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    I'm in the same situation, bub.
    Me birthday is two days after my first exam in the summer.
    On the plus side - I will be able to go out after I've finished/results day but I know people who can't.
    People went out tonight and I might have been able to join them if I'd had a lift seeing as most of them were 18 and there's enough people there for someone who's 17 to blend in and just pay people back for buying rounds.
    Yeah it drives me mad but atleast im not born in august i guess. what does my head in more is that 16 year olds can go out cos they have older sisters for id!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by mos-cow)
    Yeah it drives me mad but atleast im not born in august i guess. what does my head in more is that 16 year olds can go out cos they have older sisters for id!!
    I have an older brother who looks a fair bit like me...I've never tried to use his old passport as ID though.

ReputationRep:
    I have an older sister, she is 22, and I am 17. And I have been using her id for a year, but she gets angry and makes a big hoohaa everytime I ask. :stomp: Though I am grateful for it

I'm not 18 till june, but I still don't know how bouncers think I am 22!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocobloc)
    I have an older sister, she is 22, and I am 17. And I have been using her id for a year, but she gets angry and makes a big hoohaa everytime I ask. :stomp: Though I am grateful for it

I'm not 18 till june, but I still don't know how bouncers think I am 22!
    i know 16 year olds who use id of ppl 24 and they not look a day over 16 :///
    ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    Hey, what's the problem? Can't you live without such a going out? There's a lot of things to do in your 17.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.