Turn on thread page Beta

I turned 18 in Sept, and i'm my parents arn't letting me go clubbing All my friends are going and I feel left out, ive thought about lieing to them, but I feel bad and worry that they will find out.
    My brother got to when he was 18, so why can't I? Do you think I should lie or tell them its not proper clubbing, just a 'student night'?
    (I'm a girl btw, I think that has something to do with it)
    Help please

bump

ReputationRep:
    [clarkson voice]punch them in the face[/clarkson voice]

on a serious note... maybe you should "sleep over a friends house" more often

ReputationRep:
    thats ridiculous..what was the reason they gave for not letting you? to me thats just unfair and controlling, esp if they let your bro go!

ReputationRep:
    on a serious note... maybe you should "sleep over a friends house" more often[/QUOTE]

This.

ReputationRep:
    But what if you were off to stay at a friends house to do work, watch a DVD, have a hot chocolate and then go to bed? Nudge nudge wink wink

ReputationRep:
    Inform them that it would be an awful shame if a box of KITCHEN KNIVES were to fall onto them WHILST THEY WERE SLEEEPING!!!

...Bahahahahaha...

(Original post by metrostation22)
    thats ridiculous..what was the reason they gave for not letting you? to me thats just unfair and controlling, esp if they let your bro go!
    I think they have a negative stereotype of clubs, like full of dangerous old men spiking drinks and drug taking etc.
    I think its also because i'm seen to them as a 'good girl' and ive never really done anything that rebellious (what they think anyway) so I think their worried that something will happen to me, too over protective

I hate it though, i'm an adult now so I can make my own decisions, my brother stayed out until 2 in the morning when he was 18 and they didnt stop him

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I think they have a negative stereotype of clubs, like full of dangerous old men spiking drinks and drug taking etc.
    I think its also because i'm seen to them as a 'good girl' and ive never really done anything that rebellious (what they think anyway) so I think their worried that something will happen to me, too over protective

I hate it though, i'm an adult now so I can make my own decisions, my brother stayed out until 2 in the morning when he was 18 and they didnt stop him
    You are 18, you are allowed, they can not forcefully stop you going.

So go.

ReputationRep:
    I can imagine my parents being like this in a few month's time. I always lie and tell them I'm staying at my friend's and just go out anyway. You're an adult now, they can't dictate what you should and shouldn't do. If you want to go clubbing, then go but just be sensible and in time they should realise that you're responsible enough to go out 'safely' and look after yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    But what if you were off to stay at a friends house to do work, watch a DVD, have a hot chocolate and then go to bed? Nudge nudge wink wink
    I don't think that'd be as fun as if she said she was off to stay at a friends house to do work, watch a DVD, have a hot chocolate and then go to bed but instead actually went out, doing something different to what she said to sneak out clubbing?

But I don't know, I'm not a girl and we all now girls are impossible to understand.

ReputationRep:
    Why not just go out. You are 18 so they can't stop you. Just say you are going to see your friends and go out then. Its not like your lying if you say that.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it definately has something to do with you being a girl but thats just the way it is i'm afraid. They are just worried about their daughter going out and meeting loads of weirdo guys. Look on the brightside, at least they care.

ReputationRep:
    Just go one night and party.

As long as you don't arrive home totally mashed then you've proven to them that your fine going out. Then you can use this as a bargining tool for the next time.

Did they watch Skins last night by any chance? It's nothing like that at all (unless you go to a proper dive.)

ReputationRep:
    just.... go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I turned 18 in Sept, and i'm my parents arn't letting me go clubbing All my friends are going and I feel left out, ive thought about lieing to them, but I feel bad and worry that they will find out.
    My brother got to when he was 18, so why can't I? Do you think I should lie or tell them its not proper clubbing, just a 'student night'?
    (I'm a girl btw, I think that has something to do with it)
    Help please
    No i don't think you should lie to your parents am one myself,& if me child lied to me i would pack his bags for him your poor parents are right to worry you should be putting your studies first i know what goes on at these sorts of party's you could get drunk of worse still have your drink spiked end up being raped or even pregnant,You may be a responsable 17yr old but us oldies now better if you want to go out partying i surgest you move out & find a place of your own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Nebula)
    Inform them that it would be an awful shame if a box of KITCHEN KNIVES were to fall onto them WHILST THEY WERE SLEEEPING!!!

...Bahahahahaha...
    It's not clever to ensite MURDER of someone's parents,I would be very careful about what you say or you may find this in the hands of the police.!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gloagie)
    It's not clever to ensite MURDER of someone's parents,I would be very careful about what you say or you may find this in the hands of the police.!!!!!!!
    Oh dear, you're not one of those hyper-critical parents that can't take a joke are you?

ReputationRep:
    Your 18 you noob. Just grow some balls and go.

ReputationRep:
    even though you are living with your parents, your an adult!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.