Turn on thread page Beta

Not allowed to go clubbing :( watch

ReputationRep:
    Maybe say you're staying over at your friend's?

ReputationRep:
    Unless you seriously believe that they may chuck you out of the house or cut you out of their will, just go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I turned 18 in Sept, and i'm my parents arn't letting me go clubbing All my friends are going and I feel left out, ive thought about lieing to them, but I feel bad and worry that they will find out.
    My brother got to when he was 18, so why can't I? Do you think I should lie or tell them its not proper clubbing, just a 'student night'?
    (I'm a girl btw, I think that has something to do with it)
    Help please
    snap! Well, kind of. I'm not 18 til next month but we all go out, borrow i.d etc. My parents would drop dead at the thought of me tottering around in short skirts and heels getting bladdered so instead I go on plenty of 'sleepovers' you know, pizza, girly night in. lies. You may not want to lie, but its quite potentially the only way to enjoy a standard teenage existancel...and it's not like you're underage anymore. annoying. Either be honest and try and be reasonable or lie and be almost guaranteed to get away with it. I know which I go for...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    But what if you were off to stay at a friends house to do work, watch a DVD, have a hot chocolate and then go to bed? Nudge nudge wink wink
    I still maintain that she has a pancake ass... just clever lighting/positioning. I will not disagree about the quality of the cleavage, however.

ReputationRep:
    you're only 18 AND you're still living under their roof, have some respect man if they say no then its a no. respect their wishes and talk to them like an adult

[email protected] year olds thinking they're big and hard

ReputationRep:
    You're officially an adult, they can't rule your life for you. Just tell them you're going and go or say you're stopping at a friend's house.

(Original post by Rimipie)
    you're only 18 AND you're still living under their roof, have some respect man if they say no then its a no. respect their wishes and talk to them like an adult

[email protected] year olds thinking they're big and hard
    Erm no its not a no, if your 18 your legally entitled too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gloagie)
    It's not clever to ensite MURDER of someone's parents,I would be very careful about what you say or you may find this in the hands of the police.!!!!!!!
    Actually, it's not clever to ensite anything. As it isn't a word.

Why do 'oldies' think the police can do everything? You're like that woman that called 999 because 'my cat is driving me mad, it's been playing with string for hours!'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Erm no its not a no, if your 18 your legally entitled too.
    skeeeeeeeeeeeen

(Original post by Rimipie)
    skeeeeeeeeeeeen
    You barely look over 18 yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Seen as how they haven't given you any other reason than 'no', and have no problem with double standards in regards to your brother, ignore them and go. What they're doing is in no way good parenting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    But what if you were off to stay at a friends house to do work, watch a DVD, have a hot chocolate and then go to bed? Nudge nudge wink wink
    her cleavage... even though im an ass man personally...

ReputationRep:
    Do you not move out of ur house soon for uni or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    You barely look over 18 yourself.
    i'm 17, nearly 18.

(Original post by anon1212)
    Do you not move out of ur house soon for uni or something?
    Yeah in september, but I want to go out before then with my college friends

ReputationRep:
    Just go out. Say you are meeting up with some friends and then go to a club. Possibly stay over at a friend's house.

They can't say you lied because you said you were meeting up with some friends. And you can tell them that you went to a club, made the right decisions and are absolutely fine. (That means don't drink yourself under the table to show them you could take care of yourself)

ReputationRep:
    My dad was the one that was rather overprotective with the clubbing thing, but my mum was a lot more understanding, and wasn't too sure, but let me go anyway. But I did go on a lot of "sleep overs" according to my dad. But now I am at uni, I think he just assumes I go out clubbing now, which I am not about to question. I mean, when I went out for new years, he didn't ask where I was going, he just looked and told me to be careful, so yes, I am assuming that he was thinking I was going clubbing.

ReputationRep:
    If you're not going to have the guts to go anyway or say you're going somewhere else, then why not just talk to them about it?
    Ask them what their reasons are for not letting you go, and invalidate them :rolleyes: . I bet most of them are just stereotypes they've picked up from somewhere anyway.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.