Turn on thread page Beta

Does your other half know ALL sides to your personality? watch

I was asked this question recently and when I thought about it I realised that my other half only knows about the good sides because I try to diminish my flaws and imperfections as much as possible when they're around....and I generally try to be a better person in their presence than I am normally.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Doubt it

ReputationRep:
    No. I never reveal everything, but it doesn't matter in relationships that will innevitably end - which are pretty much all of them.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, he knows everything. The stuff he doesn't know isn't because I've kept it from him, but because he's never noticed something or because there has not been an occasion to talk about it. I've not sat him down and said "lets talk about my personality" but I am exceptionally open with him. I've known him for nearly 6 years and been with him for nearly 2 . . . there isn't much point in hiding anything.

ReputationRep:
    he knows most but...lol i think everyone has certain stuff they hold back, for me it's lil bits o jealousy and im deff more sarcastic and that with my friends lol something he's not so keen on haha

ReputationRep:
    No.. my boyfriend definitely brings out the best in me and so lots of my 'bad' points haven't been revealed.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much... though some things she knows less about :ninja:

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Most sides.
    Dude, your monkeys are awesome :awesome:.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    He's seen pretty much everything about my personality; even the bits I hate about myself like the fact that I moan a lot or get moody very quickly. He manages to tease me about it all the time which drives me crazy, but at the end of the day he loves me despite my flaws and I couldn't ask for anything more.

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    Yep, the good and the bad.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much.

He probably doesn't fully realise how deep-rooted some character flaws of mine can be: mood swings, depressive tendencies, lack of faith/trust... but he certainly knows they exist (he informed me of most of them actually).

OP once you've been with your partner for a long time and live with them, it's going to be very impractical and pretty much impossible to hide your bad sides. They only come out stronger to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, but I don't know his =[

ReputationRep:
    You'd have to be pretty shallow for someone else to know ALL sides of your personality. Or very very very very talkative. more like a combination=/.

*I* don't even know all sides of my personality, how is someone else supposed to know that?

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a boyfriend but my best friend is a boy and he's definitely one of my other halves He knows MOST sides to my personality. There's nothing I wouldn't divulge about myself if he asked, but there's stuff that I wouldn't necessarily bring up in passing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.