Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I want to go on the pill. What check up will they do? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missimpossible)
    Don't be not everyone has the same problems. I know a lot of people who didn't like Microgynon, but I've been absolutely fine on it, apart from the PMS problems, and they were pre-existing.
    Hmmm i've only been on it a week, and keep getting really bad headaches, do you think its because of the Microgynon? most people i've spoken to have been okay with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadiechantel)
    Hmmm i've only been on it a week, and keep getting really bad headaches, do you think its because of the Microgynon? most people i've spoken to have been okay with it
    Hmm, maybe. Depending on how bad they are, either stick it out and see if they go away, but if they are too bad to bear, go back to your GP and ask to change pill. Microgynon hasn't ever given me headaches, but Cilest did, and everyone reacts to pills in different ways, so it could be that, but not necessarily.

ReputationRep:
    They check your blood pressure and your weight. And they ask you general health questions. It's nothing to worry about

ReputationRep:
    Another non-fan of Microgynon.

I was given twelve condoms as well. All non-spermicidal. All standard. Very boring.

ReputationRep:
    Blood pressure and BMI. I stopped taking Microgynon after only a month because it made me so lethargic and I gained 5 lbs in like, a month. Evil.

ReputationRep:
    I go every six months now and all they do is ask me for height (I havn't grown at all :L) weight and blood pressure

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.