Turn on thread page Beta

Urgent Medical Help Needed - Have I Got A Broken Toe? watch

ReputationRep:
    so the other day aka yesterday i was running past a table in my house and banged my foot on the side of a table

since then it hasnt stopped hurting but i think ive broken my youngest toe

it feels really like stiff
    and its bruised and swollen

cept i can still walk on it it just kills

HELP PLEASSE & THANX IN ADVANCE

ReputationRep:
    Allow me to plug my xray machine

ReputationRep:
    Can you move it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xsabax)
    so the other day aka yesterday i was running past a table in my house and banged my foot on the side of a table

since then it hasnt stopped hurting but i think ive broken my youngest toe

it feels really like stiff
    and its bruised and swollen

cept i can still walk on it it just kills

HELP PLEASSE & THANX IN ADVANCE
    As someone as said, you need an X-Ray but they don't do anything for broken toes, other than strap them together. Trust me, I know. If you can't walk, they may give you crutches but you can't put it in plaster. I know it's so painful but you should go see a doctor, not ask us as we have no way of being able to tell....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *AngelFish*)
    Can you move it?
    i cant actally tell if i can move it or not this is my problemo

ReputationRep:
    I don't get if this is a troll or what but seriously google is better than tsr for this **** and an actual ******* doctor is even slightly better

ReputationRep:
    i cant actally tell if i can move it or not this is my problemo
    Go to the doctor then :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl♥RadioHeart)
    As someone as said, you need an X-Ray but they don't do anything for broken toes, other than strap them together. Trust me, I know. If you can't walk, they may give you crutches but you can't put it in plaster. I know it's so painful but you should go see a doctor, not ask us as we have no way of being able to tell....

oh well i cba going to the hospital to wait 10 billion hours for an appointment id rather just live in pain tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnator)
    I don't get if this is a troll or what but seriously google is better than tsr for this **** and an actual ******* doctor is even slightly better
    what do all the ************* mean?

ReputationRep:
    i think ive broken my youngest toe
    You've had some toes longer than others...?

ReputationRep:
    my doctor doesn't do anything whenever I broke my toe (I'm clumsy I do it quite a lot). Your toes heal pretty fast anyway so tomorrow it will hurt less

oh well i cba going to the hospital to wait 10 billion hours for an appointment id rather just live in pain tbh
    Yeah, just stay at home. If you're lucky the toe will turn black and fall off and you won't be in pain anymore.

ReputationRep:
    what do all the ************* mean?
    If I spelt it out to you then I would get banned and the fact you don't realise goes some way to explaining why you are asking for medical advice on a forum full of 18 year old students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vertigo.0012)
    You've had some toes longer than others...?
    no i mean the shortest one duh :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blob_Nose)
    my doctor doesn't do anything whenever I broke my toe (I'm clumsy I do it quite a lot). Your toes heal pretty fast anyway so tomorrow it will hurt less
    thanx

ReputationRep:
    Well if you're willing to put your foot at risk and create worse problems for the sake of an hour waiting for an appointment... don't bother asking on here?

We aren't doctors and we can't see your foot or perform the necessary tasks to find out what's wrong.

Can you move it? Is it swollen? Does your whole foot hurt? Is it affecting how you're walking?

If the answer to all of those is yes, you need to go to the hospital to have it checked and get it professionally strapped up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeStudent)
    Yeah, just stay at home. If you're lucky the toe will turn black and fall off and you won't be in pain anymore.
    if im lucky? :confused: :confused: :confused: ur clearly lying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnator)
    If I spelt it out to you then I would get banned and the fact you don't realise goes some way to explaining why you are asking for medical advice on a forum full of 18 year old students.
    stop trying to act hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blob_Nose)
    Your toes heal pretty fast anyway so tomorrow it will hurt less
    Yours' might do but it depends on the individual... even if the doctor does nothing, it's better to be safe than sorry!

ReputationRep:
    My diagnosis is that you will live.
    I have had broken three toes in the past few years and used crutches, wide shoes etc. there's not much more you can do.

I broke two toes when I was working in the summer and had no reprieve. Just get on with life. :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.