Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! It's been ages since I've bought a new coat, so I figure it's about time I treat myself to one (plus all my old ones are looking a little worse for wear!). Basically I'm looking for a nude trench coat, and I've found this on ASOS,

http://www.asos.com/Mango/Mango-Belt...t=-1&clr=Stone

but I'm not sure I want to buy something that costs £85 without the chance to try it on first. I've looked at various different websites but haven't found anything that really has caught my eye.

So has anyone seen any nice trench coats around? I'll + rep good suggestions Also, my budget is <£100, and finally, what is everyone's opinion on this type of coat?? Does it look ok?

ReputationRep:
    Love it-a good investment piece

ReputationRep:
    Go for it! Trench coats like that are timeless- you could wear it your whole life as they never go out of fashion!

ReputationRep:
    Looks lush! No ideas where to find something similar though, sorry

ReputationRep:
    I love these coats! They're such a staple item

My friend got one from Jane Norman for around £50 I think.
    Tesco £45 http://www.retrotogo.com/page/2/
    The High Street should be cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    I love it! I know its a bit pricey at £85 but it means it will be good quality, plus a mac is something that will never go out of fashion- so you will be able to wear it for years

ReputationRep:
    Surprisingly, Marks and Spencers have a few in!

Have a little look at their site.

ReputationRep:
    Nude Trench Coat - as in, you're going to go nude under it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Nude Trench Coat - as in, you're going to go nude under it?
    Apparently if you're a woman it's not called beige/cream/stone/etc it's called nude:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I bought a gorgeous lined trench in a nude/stone colour from H&M last week, for about £35? It's beautiful, and I've had lots of compliments on it. It was nicer than a lot of more expensive ones I saw.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the Tesco one someone posted... but if you're concerned about splashing out you get free returns from ASOS so you can always send it back if you change your mind/it doesn't fit xx
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I really love that coat, I'm considering buying it myself

ReputationRep:
    I got a lovely light grey one from Matalan! £30! Don't know whether they're still in store though.

ReputationRep:
    Buy one - easily the best fashion item I've ever invested in. I bought one from Lipsy two years ago, reduced from £55 to £25 in the January sales and never fails to get nods and comments of approval. I love it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.