Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever used an ID that was.. watch

ReputationRep:
    When on a night out, have you ever used an ID that was a few months underage and got away with it?

I'm not saying bouncers are incapable of math

And yes, i could wait, no need to remind me.

ReputationRep:
    No but it could easily happen. They will confiscate your ID if they realise though.

ReputationRep:
    Lol my mate used his passport that was 4 years out of date and they let him in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    No but it could easily happen. They will confiscate your ID if they realise though.
    Yeah, that wouldn't be good.. i'm still tempted

ReputationRep:
    They will confiscate it and probably bar you from all the pubs in town if you get caught :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Splodger)
    Lol my mate used his passport that was 4 years out of date and they let him in.
    underage not out of date

ReputationRep:
    I think OP means their 18th was 3 months, but the bouncer looked at the year and not the month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleApricot)
    When on a night out, have you ever used an ID that was a few months underage and got away with it?

I'm not saying bouncers are incapable of math

And yes, i could wait, no need to remind me.
    Why would you wait, thats a dumb idea :p:

You could risk it, but tip ex works as well if you do it right. Black fine liner pen and a highlighter pen (green for provisional license, pink for regular license etc) to recolour the tip ex around the number.

It wont work if you're going somewhere good, but its more likely to than just handing it over and hoping. Hope this helps, have a good night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADavis1)
    I think OP means their 18th was 3 months, but the bouncer looked at the year and not the month
    I think the OP means that their 18th is in 3 months and they want to go out now

ReputationRep:
    If you're a good looking lass then flirt with the bouncers. You'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolves130)
    Why would you wait, thats a dumb idea :p:

You could risk it, but tip ex works as well if you do it right. Black fine liner pen and a highlighter pen (green for provisional license, pink for regular license etc) to recolour the tip ex around the number.

It wont work if you're going somewhere good, but its more likely to than just handing it over and hoping. Hope this helps, have a good night
    Ha! I'm passporting it i'm afraid but that delicate artistry sounds great!

ReputationRep:
    underage not out of date
    Ahh , Yeah I wouldn't risk that to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Ha! I'm passporting it i'm afraid but that delicate artistry sounds great!
    Passports are expensive/complicated/inconvenient to replace.

I've known people that have tried it and got away with it, and I've also spoken to a barmaid who told me she was very confused when someone handed over an underage ID. I guess some check and some don't, depending on how good they are at maths and how busy they are.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, i think I'm going to have it at the side of a clutch bag as if to say 'You want to look at it huh? Fine! ' but i won't have to guts to open it... yeah thats the plan/

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, i think I'm going to have it at the side of a clutch bag as if to say 'You want to look at it huh? Fine! ' but i won't have to guts to open it... yeah thats the plan/
    Yeah... Why even bother?

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure they only confiscate fake ID's though - they can't take your actual driving licence

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I did this a few months before I was 18 (my birthday is near the end of the year though), bouncers only really checked the year. I think the main thing they check is its legitimacy to be honest.

Still if it's a good club, they might be more vigilant. It's your risk.

Also, I wouldn't use your passport if I were you, get a provisional first, it's much easier to replace - replacing a passport is a huge palaver and can take ages.

ReputationRep:
    No it is pretty silly. Even if they just look at the year it's what... January? They are not just going to assume every 1992 birthday is 18 years old now. if it was in december or noember then maybe, but I think you have very slim chances and probably shouldn't bother.

ReputationRep:
    I'm signing off now (just incase you wanted a response)

thanks for the advice everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Goose)
    I'm pretty sure they only confiscate fake ID's though - they can't take your actual driving licence
    Really depends on the club I think... Ours will give it back if you've just tried to be brazen and get in knowing it's under age but confiscate if you've tried to alter it/it's a really obvious fake.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.