Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone, not sure if i have but i feel like i've been a wee bit silly! I've only applied for glasgow cali for social work and i'm doing an hnc social care at the moment, thing is i applied for year 2 and now i'm a bit worried. Im 28 and have other qualifications such as highers, standards grades and svq2 in childcare and svq3 in admin. i also felt like i had a lot of work experience with vulnerable, but i think i've jumped ahead and i'm going to get a knock back at any moment. ive read other peoples personal statements online and now i feel mines is crap and now i'm not going to get offered anything as this is the only uni i've applied to.............sorry for going on, can anyone help?

ps the ucas coordinator didnt send applications until 15th jan, its confirmed through ucas but not heard anything from uni, should i have?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've applied for social work and criminology at caley and not heard anything yet either but i dont think they usually send out acknowledgements so i wouldnt worry.

As for applying for year 2, if the uni think you would be better starting in year one they should make you an amended offer rather than reject your application altogether, you sound as if you have enough work experience and qualifications to do well at this course and thats what they are really looking for. If you are really concerned i would give them a ring,explain and doublecheck the requirements for direct entry into 2nd year.

Good luck, let me know how your application goes

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 4, 2010

University open days

1. Glasgow Caledonian University
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. Glasgow Caledonian University
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.