A*'s in GCSE-Three hours a day??? Watch

saifwhab
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hello everyone,

I am in year 10 and I revise about 3 hours a day
I want to see what is your opinion about it, is it enough to get A*s or not??? , because i am planning to go to imperial college. and i am really worried.

Thanks all
Lucible
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It depends on your natural ability?
gozatron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Nah you should be revised 6 hours per weekday and 9 on weekends.

Seriously, depending whether you already have a decent grasp on subjects, i started revising two weeks before an exam period and got 8A*'s 2A's, don't worry about it.
Artymess
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
it all depends on personal ability, some people can do no revision and ger an A* (me in maths) and some can do hours of revision and come out with a C (me in french) theres more than just how much revision you do that determines your grade
megadeath999
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not about how much you revise...its about how well you do it. Bear that in mind too.
najeezy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
its enough trust me.
annab1684
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You are in year 10.
Do not revise at all until a few weeks (max) before your year 10 exams.
Please
Revolution is my Name
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Length of time isn't the best measure of revision; if you're just sitting there monging out and not paying a great deal of attention, then 3 hours isn't massively impressive. And of course, if you have borderline no natural ability you'll need to do more, but if you have quite a bit, probably less.
lattywatty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I revised about 2 weeks before my exams. About 3 days for year 10 exams.

Please stop revising. 3 hours a day is such a waste of time! Go out instead. Enjoy your free time while you can!!
Awesomesauce
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Artymess)
it all depends on personal ability, some people can do no revision and ger an A* (me in maths) and some can do hours of revision and come out with a C (me in french) theres more than just how much revision you do that determines your grade
You get A* in maths without revision. I envy your high IQ.
Artymess
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Awesomesauce)
You get A* in maths without revision. I envy your high IQ.
i got super lucky, unfortunately it was the only one i got. had to resit some of the others to get them up to an A too who'd have thought revision actually does help
loki276
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
yes. Even without revision you can get A*
BeckyIsOptimistic
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
depends on your natural intelligence as most other people have said
3 hours a day is a lot though, i did well and my revision began in april of yr11
clo_rich*
Report 8 years ago
It's not about revision all the time, just make sure you concentrate and make clear notes in lessons, then it'll be really easy to relearn topics quickly when you come to revise, which i believe should not be too far in advance before an exam - as you tend to be into it at the beginning and then kinda 'burn out'. You'll be find if you just work hard throughout the GCSE courses
DJ AgnieszkaA
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by saifwhab)
Hello everyone,

I am in year 10 and I revise about 3 hours a day
I want to see what is your opinion about it, is it enough to get A*s or not??? , because i am planning to go to imperial college. and i am really worried.

Thanks all
what, when theres no exams?
entirely unnecessary and kinda depressing idea.
theres so little content on gcses, i did about 5 hours total revision for the final exams and came out with a good few A's
italienmoose
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got an A* in maths with no revision at all and very little work in lessons.
A* in English Literature with the same (but B in language and even less work in lessons).
A* in chemistry with no revision.
On the other hand I got a B in history with no revision, so it depends on your ability and interest (in my opinion moreso than difficulty) in the subject.
Of course having ended up with only 3 A*'s and wanting to apply for medicine at a good uni I'm kinda regretting not working a little harder in history, biology, physics and english, which should've been easy top grades for me.
twinkl3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Revised the night before most of my exams.
Got 6A*, 5A and an A in AS ICT
Skye333
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
obviously not.

depends on the person. end of.
aKarma
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
3 hours a day? :eek:
Do whatever you feel is beneficial, but I didn't even spend that that long on a subject the day before the final exams

Tbh, I don't length of time of revision is in any way a good indicator of the effectiveness of revision done - If you need to revise make it effective rather than lengthy but mindless
If your mind isn't into whatever work you're doing because you're bored etc you may as well take a break and do it when you're more focused
microfatcat
Report 8 years ago
Unless you're really slow at picking things up, STOP REVISING. Go and learn to play an instrument or volunteer for something. You're in year 10 and should not be wasting your time :P
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Do you like exams?