Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I am in year 10 and I revise about 3 hours a day
    I want to see what is your opinion about it, is it enough to get A*s or not??? , because i am planning to go to imperial college. and i am really worried.

Thanks all

ReputationRep:
    It depends on your natural ability?

ReputationRep:
    Nah you should be revised 6 hours per weekday and 9 on weekends.

Seriously, depending whether you already have a decent grasp on subjects, i started revising two weeks before an exam period and got 8A*'s 2A's, don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    it all depends on personal ability, some people can do no revision and ger an A* (me in maths) and some can do hours of revision and come out with a C (me in french) theres more than just how much revision you do that determines your grade

ReputationRep:
    Not about how much you revise...its about how well you do it. Bear that in mind too.

ReputationRep:
    its enough trust me.

ReputationRep:
    You are in year 10.
    Do not revise at all until a few weeks (max) before your year 10 exams.
    Please

ReputationRep:
    Length of time isn't the best measure of revision; if you're just sitting there monging out and not paying a great deal of attention, then 3 hours isn't massively impressive. And of course, if you have borderline no natural ability you'll need to do more, but if you have quite a bit, probably less.

ReputationRep:
    I revised about 2 weeks before my exams. About 3 days for year 10 exams.

Please stop revising. 3 hours a day is such a waste of time! Go out instead. Enjoy your free time while you can!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artymess)
    it all depends on personal ability, some people can do no revision and ger an A* (me in maths) and some can do hours of revision and come out with a C (me in french) theres more than just how much revision you do that determines your grade
    You get A* in maths without revision. I envy your high IQ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesomesauce)
    You get A* in maths without revision. I envy your high IQ.
    i got super lucky, unfortunately it was the only one i got. had to resit some of the others to get them up to an A too who'd have thought revision actually does help

ReputationRep:
    yes. Even without revision you can get A*

ReputationRep:
    depends on your natural intelligence as most other people have said
    3 hours a day is a lot though, i did well and my revision began in april of yr11

ReputationRep:
    It's not about revision all the time, just make sure you concentrate and make clear notes in lessons, then it'll be really easy to relearn topics quickly when you come to revise, which i believe should not be too far in advance before an exam - as you tend to be into it at the beginning and then kinda 'burn out'. You'll be find if you just work hard throughout the GCSE courses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saifwhab)
    Hello everyone,

I am in year 10 and I revise about 3 hours a day
    I want to see what is your opinion about it, is it enough to get A*s or not??? , because i am planning to go to imperial college. and i am really worried.

Thanks all
    what, when theres no exams?
    entirely unnecessary and kinda depressing idea.
    theres so little content on gcses, i did about 5 hours total revision for the final exams and came out with a good few A's

ReputationRep:
    I got an A* in maths with no revision at all and very little work in lessons.
    A* in English Literature with the same (but B in language and even less work in lessons).
    A* in chemistry with no revision.
    On the other hand I got a B in history with no revision, so it depends on your ability and interest (in my opinion moreso than difficulty) in the subject.
    Of course having ended up with only 3 A*'s and wanting to apply for medicine at a good uni I'm kinda regretting not working a little harder in history, biology, physics and english, which should've been easy top grades for me.

ReputationRep:
    Revised the night before most of my exams.
    Got 6A*, 5A and an A in AS ICT

ReputationRep:
    obviously not.

depends on the person. end of.

ReputationRep:
    3 hours a day? :eek:
    Do whatever you feel is beneficial, but I didn't even spend that that long on a subject the day before the final exams

Tbh, I don't length of time of revision is in any way a good indicator of the effectiveness of revision done - If you need to revise make it effective rather than lengthy but mindless
    If your mind isn't into whatever work you're doing because you're bored etc you may as well take a break and do it when you're more focused

Unless you're really slow at picking things up, STOP REVISING. Go and learn to play an instrument or volunteer for something. You're in year 10 and should not be wasting your time :P

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.