ReputationRep:
    Bruv i did
    2hours reivison before the day of hte exam
    and i got
    2 A* 7A 1B
    youll ace it

ReputationRep:
    Thats wayyy to much
    Do like maybe a hour or two a night in the two weeks leading up to the exams? I hardly did any revision and managed 8A* and 2A ... Do passed papers and really go out and have fun!!

ReputationRep:
    Its all about revising efficiently, just take one step at a time, use syllabuses and past papers online. 1 hour of effective revision is better than hours of pointless revision. Oh and also its a bit early right?

ReputationRep:
    thanks to all of you.

ReputationRep:
    A*s in most GCSEs - two hours a week?

Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Woow you can chill!!
    Enjoy the time you can relax in as much as you can before you hit A-levels.
    I only revised heavily for 3 weeks before the GCSE's and got A*'s.
    So long as you understand everything you're learning as you go along you should be just fine!

ReputationRep:
    I did no revision at all for my GCSE's and got 5A*'s. My girlfriend revised all day every day and got slightly better.
    Completely depends on the person.

ReputationRep:
    I think 1 hour a day, 3 or 4 days a week should be enough. Especially for just in year 10. And please don't listen to the people that say you can do zero revision and get 10A*s. It just doesn't work like that and it is not a good mind-set to have.

Why imperial college though? You seem to have decided quickly.

ReputationRep:
    You're gunna be so ****** off if you do all that revision and get rejected from Imperial :lol:

Seriously, unless you're "special" you shouldn't need to revise until Easter at the earliest

ReputationRep:
    First of all, calm down! I doubt you'll remember all the things you learn at this stage. I'm doing my A Levels at the moment, and a lot of my friends struggled to get into revision, so if you've managed this it might be an idea to keep up a little revision - maybe an hour a day max, but there's no point doing more until nearer the exams! My friend got into Imperial with 3A* at GCSE, I got 6 and am going to Cambridge. AS Levels mean far more, really as long as you get the 5 A*-C grades to enter 6th form you're okay!

ReputationRep:
    you're in year 10 and you're doing this!?!
    wow dedication.
    with that attitude/motivation you should be fine!!

ReputationRep:
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    that's dedication lol but don't over-revise, you need some time to do other things other wise you'll drive yourself mad, i revised less than an hour a night weekdays and came out with 9A*s and 3As. My friend didn't revise at all and she got 11 A*s! So unfair haha

ReputationRep:
    Year 10? i'm year 11 (year 12 in northern ireland) and i haven't done anything yet :L

ReputationRep:
    If you're an average student (gaining Bs and maybe a few As without revision), with three hours a day since Y10 you will definitely obtain A*s in Y11.

In fact I think that's more than enough. GCSE is mainly memorising text books. Some people have a flow of understand throughout the two years and cram the weeks before the exams to bring this knowledge up to an A* standard. Others have to spend hours and hours to achieve the same. It really depends on the individual.

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend who revised about 3 months before the science exams in year 10 and just scraped 2 As. I revised 5 days before the exam and got 2 solid As.
    Depends on the person, if I revised as much as she did for exams I know I would ace all my exams with flying colors but unfortunately I'm a really HEAVY procrastinator.

ReputationRep:
    My advice: calm the **** down. You'll burn out like I did and then you'll be hoping for As and Bs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saifwhab)
    Hello everyone,

I am in year 10 and I revise about 3 hours a day
    I want to see what is your opinion about it, is it enough to get A*s or not??? , because i am planning to go to imperial college. and i am really worried.

Thanks all
    3 hour a day?! :eek:

That is far too much! I don't see what more you could gain from that (in terms of just your GCSE grades) than doing half an hour a day in year 11 which is what I did. Obviously everybody is different but 3 hours a day seems unsustainable and you don't leave much time for a social life with that schedule.

ReputationRep:
    Uh , I know this question is some sort of "out of topic" , but what about if we add "Self-studying" to the Question Saif Whab asked , as in not attending school , just depending completely on the self , without a teacher or anything like teachers, just books , notebook and brains?

ReputationRep:
    I've got to say, 3 hours a day in year 10! That is dedication! To be honest if you take that attitude into year 11 and college/sixth form, you'll be fine! However, you've gotta be careful not to burn out! Don't stress yourself by saying "I MUST DO 3 HOURS A DAY!" because you'll go nuts.. You just have to revise until you can rattle off information without thinking about it.. If you can do that you'll breeze GCSEs! Just remember that there's a real world and keep up a social life!

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.