Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for the BEd Primary Education at Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Manchester Met?

Has anyone had interviews at any of these yet?

ReputationRep:
    I've had an interview at Edinburgh, Glasgow and was offered one at Aberdeen, but don't worry, they were very recent! Hoping for one at Strathclyde too! They are all still doing interviews [at least the Scottish ones are, not sure about Manchester Met but its probably the same.]

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I have an unconditional for Dundee i was at the first set of interviews for that think it was mabye the 17th of jan...cant remember the date exactly... got an interview for abdeen next week and had an interview for edinburgh but declined it as id prefer dundee/abdeen

ReputationRep:
    How did the Glasgow one go? That is where I really want to go. Have you had any responses?

Got an interview letter from Dundee yesterday for 24th Feb, what did you do for your presentation and what did you discuss in your group discussion? Did they take long to get back to you?

I sent my application in just before the deadline so very worried they give all the places away before me!

ReputationRep:
    Friend has got one from MMU but nothing for me so far :\!!

ReputationRep:
    I think Glasgow went quite well, had an informal and unassessed group discussion while waiting for the individual interview! This was good as we got to speak with 2nd year students - we got given several group tasks but these were very simply for us to get to know everyone in the group

Not had any news about offers yet but just found out I have an interview for Strathclyde

ReputationRep:
    Did you have to do a written task?

ReputationRep:
    has anyone had an interview for edinburgh yet and could you tell me what it was like?

ReputationRep:
    Ive got an interview for Strathclyde, so nervous, anyone else going? Really panicking about the whole thing so if anyones got any tips!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kabriskham)
    has anyone had an interview for edinburgh yet and could you tell me what it was like?
    Edinburgh consisted of a group interview. It felt really relaxed and we all just discussed different questions

(Original post by !Marilyn!)
    Ive got an interview for Strathclyde, so nervous, anyone else going? Really panicking about the whole thing so if anyones got any tips!
    I have an interview for Strathclyde on the 23rd Do you know what it will consist of? It says in my email that letters will be sent out shortly so I should find out this week

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Superbry, is there a written part as well as group disscusion for Edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superbry)
    I have an interview for Strathclyde on the 23rd Do you know what it will consist of? It says in my email that letters will be sent out shortly so I should find out this week
    No i havent heard anything! If u hear anything then let me know and since mines is before u i could let u know?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Superbry, is there a written part as well as group disscusion for Edinburgh
    Nope, just a group discussion v. glad!

(Original post by !Marilyn!)
    No i havent heard anything! If u hear anything then let me know and since mines is before u i could let u know?
    I just got my letter through the post at lunch and it says that it is a group interview:
    5 mins introducing yourself and others introducing themselves
    5 mins to consider a list of 4 topics. Candidates may wish to note key points.
    then
    A Random allocation of topics:
    Each candidate will have 5 mins to lead on their allocated topic [approx 3 mins] and to initiate discussion with the fellow candidates [2 mins].

Sounds scary! Hope the topics aren’t too obscure!

ReputationRep:
    Hi superbry and marilyn
    i have my strathclyde interview on the 17th, so i'll let you know how it went
    x

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview for Glasgow on Monday can anyone give me any tips

ReputationRep:
    Hi superbry and marilyn
    i have my strathclyde interview on the 17th, so i'll let you know how it went
    x
    Please do im soo nervous lol good luck for your Glasgow interview! I've not heard anyhing from them yet!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Marilyn, I have an interview in Aberdeen on Tuesday.
    Good luck when yours comes around

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Marilyn, I have an interview in Aberdeen on Tuesday.
    Good luck when yours comes around
    Wow you have heard back from a lot!

ReputationRep:
    I am delighted as I have got 5 interviews,what about you?

ReputationRep:
    I am delighted as I have got 5 interviews,what about you?
    Lucky you, i've only heard back from 1? What are the other ones you have applied for?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.