Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !Marilyn!)
    Lucky you, i've only heard back from 1? What are the other ones you have applied for?
    Hi Marilyn, I have heard from Glasgow,Aberdeen,Dundee,Strathcl yde and Edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kabriskham)
    Hi Marilyn, I have heard from Glasgow,Aberdeen,Dundee,Strathcl yde and Edinburgh
    lucky you! i've applied for strathclyde, glasgow, stirling, aberdeen and only heard back from strathclyde How long ago did u apply?

ReputationRep:
    lucky you! i've applied for strathclyde, glasgow, stirling, aberdeen and only heard back from strathclyde How long ago did u apply?
    I sent my UCAS form in on the 23rd December,what about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had any offers yet? The wait is horrible!

ReputationRep:
    I sent my UCAS form in on the 23rd December,what about yourself?
    About a week after you! Maybe they dont like me lol
    Hope not!!

ReputationRep:
    About a week after you! Maybe they dont like me lol
    Hope not!!
    I am sure that is not the case,I just got my Edinburgh one in two days ago.

ReputationRep:
    I am sure that is not the case,I just got my Edinburgh one in two days ago.
    Haha they better come soon, people are starting to complain about my mail box hogging lol

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else got an offer from Edinburgh for Primary Education?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkle66)
    Hi Sparkle66,I have an interview next week.Have you had an offer?

ReputationRep:
    I have a strathclyde interview on the 23rd! Can anyone help with the topics? xx

ReputationRep:
    ive got my interview on wednesday 24th at dundee does anyone know what the group task is at the start? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aperry)
    ive got my interview on wednesday 24th at dundee does anyone know what the group task is at the start? x
    Hi just wondering if you have heard back from Dundee yet? I must have been on the same interview as you but have heard nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Hi has anyone been offered a place for Primary Education at Moray House yet? I am still waiting and its a nightmare:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected about two weeks after the interview
    Though I'm still waiting for news for Glasgow and Strathclyde - I hope no news is good news because I think it means I'm a "maybe"?

Has anyone had any offers/rejections?

ReputationRep:
    Didn't hear til end of March when I applied from Strathclyde, Edinburgh 3 days after Interview.

ReputationRep:
    Hi yeah i have,
    I now have
    Edinburgh
    Strathclyde
    Aberdeen.

Got my offers about a week after each interview :s
    Anyone else heard anything xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi yeah i have,
    I now have
    Edinburgh
    Strathclyde
    Aberdeen.

Got my offers about a week after each interview :s
    Anyone else heard anything xx
    I have got Aberdeen and Glasgow but accepted Aberdeen

ReputationRep:
    I have firmed Glasgow

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the interview is like at Aberdeen for BEd primary teaching? I know that I have to do a 5 min presentation on a video which I've memorised and they will ask questions but are they easy questions and is the enviroment friendly? People are holding offers already so does that mean there is a less chance of others getting offers from their interview on Thursday?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daviddoubleyoo)
    Does anyone know what the interview is like at Aberdeen for BEd primary teaching? I know that I have to do a 5 min presentation on a video which I've memorised and they will ask questions but are they easy questions and is the enviroment friendly? People are holding offers already so does that mean there is a less chance of others getting offers from their interview on Thursday?

Thanks
    Hi

I had an interview at Aberdeen in January and was offered a place about 10 days afterwards. I wouldn't worry about people already having offers because they wouldn't still be holding interviews if they didn't have places left to offer. I think they must offer only a certain amount of places after each set if interviews, that way it is fair to people who have later interviews.

My interview was done by two people, one was a uni lecturer and the other was a local headteacher. They were both really friendly and the interview was quite relaxed. I just got asked pretty normal questions. Why I want to be a teacher, why I think I would be a good teacher, how I think the education system has changed with curriculum for excellence, what experience I have.

Good luck with your interview

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.