Turn on thread page Beta

John Terry; The new Tiger Woods. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    Are you comfortable having him lead your country into the WC?
    As opposed to who?

ReputationRep:
    :curious: why wouldn't I be?

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather be lead by Terry than a smack head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    :curious: why wouldn't I be?
    Because he's a loud mouthed, bung taking, wife shagging git.

ReputationRep:
    ffs this **** is so old.

it's the only way people can take the piss out of Chelsea. tragic.

ReputationRep:
    Your pissed at him for shagging his wife? As opposed to what? A lampost? Shocking.

ReputationRep:
    that will affect his ability to lead our country into the WC. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    As long as he gets the business done on the pitch, it'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    He's on a hot streak atm Terry, with all the negative stories coming one by one. His PR person must be raking it in with all the fire fighting he or she has to do with JT. He'll still be England captain, the FA are gutless when it comes to situations like this, dont want to rock the boat. Might be a situation where Capello may not pick Bridge for the WC squad, he's injured anyway but if he returns, could happen.
    The FA would make decisions based on rumours and tabloid press, for the most part of these stories?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Cfc, do you seriously believe that there is no truth in this, or in any of the stories surrounding his family's ridiculous antics?

He hired lawyers to try and get an injunction ffs.
    Well there may be some truth, otherwise JT may have wanted to threaten to sue these papers for printing lies about him. I don't look to JT for morals etc, so what he does in his private life (yes it could be this low), isn't of much importance to me - his performances for Chelsea are however, and they've been excellent so i'll give him praise for that.

I don't think I've said there isn't any truth behind his family's antics, I'm just saying that what his dad and his mum does is up to them, and shouldn't be used against John Terry. Of course, however, a vendetta is a vendetta.

ReputationRep:
    Do I want one of the best captains in the world to lead my country into the World Cup, yes I do. Surely we can't let the tabloids dictate who should and who shouldn't be captain? Granted, JT hasn't done himself any favours recently, although, as Stu Laverty said, as long as he does the business on the pitch, i'm more than happy with him.

ReputationRep:
    Love how this thread's backfired. :toofunny:

Good work y'all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Do I want one of the best captains in the world to lead my country into the World Cup, yes I do. Surely we can't let the tabloids dictate who should and who shouldn't be captain? Granted, JT hasn't done himself any favours recently, although, as Stu Laverty said, as long as he does the business on the pitch, i'm more than happy with him.
    Based on your replies in the two threads, you would be happy with him leading the line for club/country even if he stabbed your mum. As long as it was written in a tabloid so you could disregard it.

ReputationRep:
    I've just been shown this article again, albeit from the Daily Mail, although Martin Samuel is often an excellent writer to give him credit - and I think he hits the nail on the head in this final paragraph:

The Italian talks up the influence of Didier Drogba — although he was quiet by his standards yesterday — but Terry is his leader, as he has been for every Chelsea and England manager since 2006.

That time span does not appear long, but in those three years a total of seven managers, whose honours include a World Cup, five European Cups, two Copa Americas and close to two dozen domestic titles, have all made him their captain.

They do so because they see beyond the headlines, beyond the scandals and celebrity soap operas, beyond the sensation and the sneers.

They do so because, when all that baggage is removed, what remains, quite simply, is one hell of a footballer.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...s-Chelsea.html

ReputationRep:
    It's good that he has plans for his retirement, tbh, but isn't he a bit young to retire?

Football>Golf, surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    Based on your replies in the two threads, you would be happy with him leading the line for club/country even if he stabbed your mum. As long as it was written in a tabloid so you could disregard it.
    Out of proportion, wouldn't expect anything different from you though, just another one of those retards in the TSR football section.

ReputationRep:
    I assume he's committed adultery? If so I don't know why people think sportsmen are such angels. I'd understand if we lived in a theocracy where sex outside of marriage was frowned upon. Besides, he's not the only English footballer to have cheated on his partner now is he? I can think of two more myself (A. Cole and Rooney).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I assume he's committed adultery? If so I don't know why people think sportsmen are such angels. I'd understand if we lived in a theocracy where sex outside of marriage was frowned upon. Besides, he's not the only English footballer to have cheated on his partner now is he? I can think of two more myself (A. Cole and Rooney).
    But with a team-mate's spouse? That's low.

ReputationRep:
    On that Mirror page is a quote from him:

(Original post by Good English Lad John Terry)
    "I really regret what I've done to Toni. I'm not going to cheat on her ever again."
    Had no idea about this, and now this latest shambles. What a joker, but if his performances on the field aren't affected then a.) he is a heartless **** and b.) he should retain his place in the squad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    But with a team-mate's spouse? That's low.
    It is but I think it still doesn't warrant the commotion it gets (because a lot of it will be because of an affair, rather than negative consequences of the team as a whole) and should be dealt with behind closed doors by Capello etc. Terry does seem to abuse his position of being captain at times. My ideal candidate was actually Hargreaves when Capello came along so I hope my glasses are not too blue tainted. Not sure I've worded all that correctly.

I think it's time to see the Capello of old. He's only softened up a bit because he thinks the country will get on his back.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.